Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Review of The Date Farm

Post by E Daves »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In order to recover what was stolen from American soil, Lara and Uri go undercover in Iran. In The Date Farm by Jack Winnick, nothing is as it seems, and the author incorporates many elements of surprise moments that will leave you wondering, "What is happening?" Despite being the fourth in the Lara and Uri series, this book can be read as a standalone.

A call from the top of the bureau ended Lara and Uri's enjoyable time together. They were horrified by the news and hurried to the airport. The explosion at the Beverly Hills mall made headlines since it resulted in numerous fatalities and serious injuries. Still, President Fijazi expressed his delight at the news and expressed his gratitude to Sheikh Abidin, who was in command of the operation. Sheikh was shocked by the size of the next strike Fijazi had in mind. Both the Federal Reserve and Chase Manhattan Bank were their targets. As soon as the security organizations knew of the terrorist plot, they went on high alert. What will happen on the day of the terrorist attack? You will have to read The Date Farm by Jack Winnick to find out.

Several things made me adore this novel. First, Jack Winnick kept my attention by creating a plot that I adore that is centered on the nation's leading counterterrorism agency. Second, the bond between Lara and Uri, how it developed through time, and the scenes in which they converse silently are my favorite parts of the novel. Third, the several places that were visited piqued my attention as well. Also, the book's excellent structure allows the reader to experience life from both the agents' and the terrorists' points of view. Finally, you will have a greater appreciation for those who risk their lives to ensure our safety in order to defend our nation against attacks after reading this book.

I don't have any complaints about this book. It was enjoyable for me to read. I had an effortless reading experience because I didn't run into any errors. This shows that the book was exceptionally well edited. I am giving this book four out of four stars because of the aforementioned reasons.

I would not recommend this book to children or anyone who is not interested in action books because it contains some fight scenes and contains graphic details on how individuals are killed that could cause unpleasant imagery. However, people who appreciate reading fictitious stories about spies and undercover agents will likely enjoy this book, in my opinion.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

This book review is thoroughly engaging and provided a detailed summary of the book. It sparked my interest and made me want to read the book myself. I greatly enjoyed reading the review and would be interested in reading more reviews from this particular reviewer in the future. The reviewer also included their own insights and opinions on the book, which added a personal touch to the review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Your ability to provide a balanced and fair critique of The Date Farm by Jack Winnick is impressive, and I appreciated your attention to detail and your honest thoughts. Thank you for sharing your review with us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of this book. Your insights into the plot, characters, and themes were insightful and thought-provoking.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

This book sounds like an exciting read! It has all the elements of a great action story, and I'm intrigued by the way the author has incorporated surprise moments. I'm also impressed by the development of the bond between Lara and Uri and the way they converse silently. It sounds like a great way to explore the characters' relationship. I'm also looking forward to exploring the different places they visit, and to gain a greater appreciation for those who risk their lives to ensure our safety.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Jack Winnick is a good writer. I commend him for that. However, the series of this book sounds monotonous with Lara and Uri always fighting terrorism. Great review.
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

I have this book on my WTR shelf already, but after reading your review I may have to move it to my "Currently Reading" shelf sooner than I had planned. I have read several Jack Winnick books and I have thoroughly enjoyed each on His narratives are easy to read and compell you to keep reading til the exciting conclusion. Great review!
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

This book sounds like an incredible read! I love the way the reviewer has summarized and analyzed the plot, characters, and setting of the book. The plot is full of suspense and surprise moments that will keep me guessing.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I'm interested in learning more about the bond between Lara and Uri. I also appreciate the fact that the book can be read as a standalone, even though it is part of a series. It sounds like the perfect combination of action and suspense, and I'm definitely going to read it soon.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I'm so impressed by the way you summarized the book and analyzed it. I'm definitely interested in reading this book now - it sounds like it has so much suspense and excitement. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that it was well-edited. I'll definitely keep this book in mind for when I'm in the mood for a thrilling read. Thanks for the great review!
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I truly enjoy reading the Lara and Uri series. The author is a master at storytelling and suspense. Having read this installment, I can say that Lara and Uri delivered as they always do. Interesting review.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

I love action packed books any day any time. This one seems like one I'd enjoy too. I love how your review captures how interesting the book is in full. I definitely want to read this book. Good job
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

A talented author is Jack Winnick. For that, I applaud him. With Lara and Uri continuously battling terrorism, the series of this novel, however, sounds repetitive. excellent review
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I can't believe how many elements of surprise and suspense Jack Winnick managed to incorporate. I especially love how the relationship between Lara and Uri developed over time and the scenes in which they communicated without words. I'm also intrigued by the places they visited and the structure of the book which allows readers to experience life from both the agents' and the terrorists' points of view. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this book in the future.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

The fact that the book is a work of fiction adds an element of creativity and imagination to the story. It's always great to read books that allow us to escape reality and enter a world of our own. Thank you for writing such an excellent review. Your personal reflection on the characters and plot has left me intrigued and interested in reading the book.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

Your review is honest and balanced. It's great that you highlighted both the strengths and weaknesses of the book. It shows that you have a critical eye and are not afraid to provide constructive criticism.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”