Review by Frances G of In It Together | "a must read for those interested in contemporary philosophy"

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Frances G
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frances-g.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Frances G of In It Together | "a must read for those interested in contemporary philosophy"

Post by Frances G »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In his book, In It Together, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes introduces his philosophy of life. He explains that all of existence emanates “love and goodness,” but most of us get sidetracked into irrational beliefs of what happiness and peace consist of. He states that individuals who experience happiness and peace have acquired a loving spiritual freedom that cannot be hindered or lost.

Hughes continuously uses repetitive thoughts, phrases, and sentences, whereby he creates a poetic language that begets the rhythm necessary to pierce the mind and hopefully the soul.

This book is a must read for those interested in contemporary philosophy. Hughes writes about how everyone experiences the same thoughts and acts the same way, even if they are miles apart, or they differ in culture. He summarizes how and why we are so quick to neglect the neglected, and he analyzes the human interpretation of evil providing details of where we can search and find goodness within ourselves.

His citations of Carl Jung and other renowned authors, as well as quotes from the Bible, support his account of the crux of spirituality. He insists, however, that his approach transcends all forms of religion and atheism. His coherent philosophical path leads to better living for all. We are free to follow this age-old philosophy of love without suffering loss of internal and deep-rooted beliefs. Both Jews and Catholics may adopt Hughes' ideas without disrupting their internal faith. Those who do not believe in God such as the rich or poor, scientists or students may also retain their views. I refer to it as an age-old philosophy because others, such as Jesus, have promoted the philosophy of love.

At the start of the book, the repetitiveness was disconcerting to me until I realized that Hughes builds thought patterns to create an understanding of his writing. Most of us are kind and experience love. Hughes continuously reiterates the need to rely on our “real you” without resorting to the ego, which is our false you. He does a remarkable job of creating a beautiful lesson in life.

I commend Hughes for his courage in authoring this book. His determination to spread the word about the importance of self-love and the attainment of peace are topics that are dumbfounding, even to the most philosophical among us.

Since the book appears professionally edited, I rate it as a 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to a general adult audience.

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble (Available in Hardcover and on Nook)

Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

This is an excellent review. The author's style in this work is unique, indicating proper in-depth thinking. I'll definitely read it real soon.
Keerthana Reddy 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keerthana-reddy-2.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Keerthana Reddy 2 »

Such an amazing review. I have read this book as well!! First self help book I have ever read, and absolutely loved it!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is amazing to me how someone can seem to have the same ideas as me. I will admit that I had to read portions of this over and over to get the correct meaning. I’m going to read it again in its entirety soon.
Khojiakbar Abdusattorov
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Khojiakbar Abdusattorov »

It sounds like In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is a thought-provoking and insightful book that explores the concept of self-love and the pursuit of happiness and peace. It's great to hear that Hughes uses repetitive language and patterns to create a rhythm that helps to engage readers and pierce the mind and soul. It's also interesting to hear that Hughes's philosophy transcends religious and non-religious beliefs and can be adopted by people of different backgrounds and beliefs. It's also commendable that Hughes promotes the importance of self-love and the need to rely on our "real" selves rather than our egos. Overall, it sounds like a unique and valuable contribution to the field of contemporary philosophy.
Jennifer Hamilton Hamilton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Jennifer Hamilton Hamilton »

This is an excellent review. I am excited to get the book and start reading it immediately and not being able to put it down. Looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for such a good review!
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

Reading this review just spiked my interest to read the book. It is well detailed and increased my curiosity. I will definitely add this to my list of books to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”