Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Romance meets action in this action-packed thriller. Cynthia Patterson is the Chief of Security for a senator in America. She and her team work tirelessly around the clock to ensure his safety. A drone lands at the White House, and Cynthia gets caught in the ensuing commotion.

Sky Eastman, a stranger, rescues her and buys her dinner. They go to his apartment, where they have sex. Sky visits her, bringing her different birth control methods. She tries to know more about Sky and conducts an investigation but finds nothing. What is Sky's plan? Is he using her to get to the senator? Glenn Patterson is a private investigator and Cynthia's brother. They come up with a plan to engage terrorists in a cyberwar online. They employ two tech geeks who connect the drone threat with online terrorists. What does this mean for Cynthia and Glenn? Do they overcome these difficulties? Grab a copy to find out.

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer threads the fine line between action and romance. The author did a great job with the writing. Every character had a unique speech pattern, and I wasn't confused while reading. The conversations between Glenn and the team were intriguing; they always had a sense of humor. The action scenes were well-detailed; it made me feel like I was there. I like how the team handled the online terrorists; they worked in unity and peace, helping themselves when needed. At some point, Sky used letters to communicate with Cynthia; I found that amazing and thoughtful. Cynthia's character was my favorite; she was very kind, humble, and caring about others. An example was when she bought food whenever she visited the team. Glenn and Cynthia's relationship was something I admired; they loved and looked out for one another. I admired Tim's playful and outgoing nature; it made it easier to work with him. I got educated on the different birth control methods.

Dan's name on the title will never sit well with me, as he doesn't play that big of a role in the book. Cynthia and Sky's relationship was interesting, but the author rushed the readers into it. Even with these flaws, the book was still a great read. I happily give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I found no errors, indicating it was exceptionally well-edited.

I recommend it to lovers of action, romance, warfare, and suspense.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bosseman Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bosseman Okoye »

I don't agree with your thoughts on Sky. I found him full of mischief.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I generally love books about crime. I'm taken by Sky's character. I can't wait to read this book.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:

Cynthia's character seems very complex and interesting,
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:

Interesting book with various details. I loved Cynthia and how she handled situations. Great review.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I always love action and romance mixed together. This book gives me such vibes. I hope it's interesting.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I also didn't enjoy reading about Dan's character. He was so weak and soft. He always wanted approval from others. I didn't enjoy this.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I read the book and I enjoyed it. The title of the book is fitting. It is a brief but accurate summary of the book. I commend the author for a good job.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I enjoyed reading this review. It is an interesting and adequate summary of the book. You've made me see things from a different perspective.
Makkyfenty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makkyfenty.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Makkyfenty »

I quite enjoyed reading this review. It made the book very interesting. I like how the review was constructed. It makes the book appealing to read. I can't wait to read this book.
Makkyfenty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makkyfenty.html

Post by Makkyfenty »

From this review, I can tell that this book has some core values of loyalty and honesty. It sounds like an interesting that'll keep readers engrossed.
Kinsey James
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinsey-james.html

Post by Kinsey James »

The guidelines were properly followed. I enjoyed reading this review. I notoced no errors which made it free to read. Congrats on a job well done.
Goofer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Goofer »

I enjoyed reading this review. It was enjoyable and fun to read. I like how you outlined your negative aspect. It was very well thought out. Congratulations on a job well done.
Eric11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Eric11 »

The book inspires me lot. I like to say that this review helps me see the book in a new light. I have to go and read it again. Thank you for such a wonderful review.
Sabigirl_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabigirl.html

Post by Sabigirl_ »

The negative aspects of the book are outlined properly. This shows readers that the book is not perfect but the imperfections make it better. I can't wait to read this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”