Review by TruScot of In It Together | "an introspective journey"

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TruScot
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truscot.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Review by TruScot of In It Together | "an introspective journey"

Post by TruScot »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Review of In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is an introspective journey that allows the reader to spend quality time exploring what it means to attain inner peace and find sincere purpose in life. Along the way, there is ample opportunity to freely and collectively appreciate the ebb and flow of our multifaceted existence via honest dialogue about dissatisfaction, peace, happiness, temptation, love, forgiveness, success, and contentment. This book also focuses on the concept of time and space as it relates to their role in shaping priorities and beliefs.

Several aspects made this an enjoyable read for me. Eckhart Aurelius Hughes immediately put me at ease by stating what the book is not. I felt assured that the material presented could be approached subjectively. I love that he dives right in with questions that provoke engagement, causing me to read slowly and sometimes stop to reflect. I also like that he uses numerous quotes from a broad spectrum of established authorities to support his offerings. Incorporating this tool underpins the book’s title and its open-ended objective. Since the book deals with some of life’s more serious issues, I like his light-hearted, almost playful writing style. In addition, I appreciate the bite-size nature of each chapter. Every sentence is concise, seamlessly moving the focal point along with clarity and grace.

Throughout the book, common relevant examples of struggles we have all faced are highlighted, demonstrating inclusivity and inspiring solidarity among readers. In this way, he triggers a strong sense of self-awareness, empathy, and a powerful desire to realize fulfillment independently and communally. Also, he stresses the importance of recognizing that our existence stretches far beyond the body and tangible possessions. While not a unique perspective, Eckhart uses the familiar to give license to sober evaluation and forgiveness. The reminder to let go of things beyond our control is a welcome and complimentary theme.

Lastly, I value the suggestions put forth at the end. It is an open invitation to make a healthy move toward positive change. All in all, this book is a vehicle for personal epiphany and emotional release. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

At first, it felt like I was reading a riddle, but I resolved to use this as an opportunity to contemplate. Outside of that minor adjustment, the book is well-edited, and I did not identify any grammatical errors.

This material is ideal for open-minded persons excited about embracing a fresh perspective on personal development and spiritual freedom.

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble (Available in Hardcover and on Nook)

Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I had to think very deeply about and read many of the passages in this book many times. He provides many things that I had never considered before. For one, I never thought about how we are all interconnected.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I find pleasure In thought provoking books and this1 sounds like a book I could enjoy reading. The struggles we come accross in life can get to be too demading of our ourselves, that includes our minds and souls too. Thus, having books like this1 can be helpful. This book sounds like one unique motivational book that brings people together. Thank you for a wonderful review❤️🌼
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
BruceP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brucep.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by BruceP »

This is one of the best books that those who love inspiring, interesting, and well-written books should give it a try. Thanks for your review.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

People who enjoy reading books that are inspiring, fascinating, and well-written should try this one out. I appreciate your review.
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

This is the second review that I read about this book and it is beautifully written. I like your descriptions. It makes me want to read this book even more! The book seems to be an enjoyable and thought-provoking read.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
Kaylan10+
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Long Winter
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylan10.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Kaylan10+ »

I agree with others in that I had to really think about this book and some of the passages many times. I truly enjoyed the comforting hug that the author gave us, in that we all struggle, but we are all worthy of being humans and having our own lives.
Nosoh Macbride
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nosoh Macbride »

I find peace reading the book the author is really a great writer the book didn’t just helped me to realize some of my short coming but it made me to realize and appreciate the fact that am a human thanks a lot for the author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”