Review of Madam Vice President

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rat de bibliotheque1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rat-de-bibliotheque1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Madam Vice President

Post by Rat de bibliotheque1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Madam Vice President" by Julian Mann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Madam Vice President is written by Julian Mann. It tells the story of Victoria, a young woman who rises to one of the highest positions in the U.S. government. The author describes Veronica’s political ascension, whilst taking us back to Veronica’s childhood with flashbacks throughout the book. As Veronica gets closer and closer to one of the highest positions ever held by a woman in the U.S. government, will her troubled past resurface and jeopardize her career? This book is about political intrigue, friendship, love, blackmail and murder. The numerous twists will leave the reader on the edge of their seats.

The main character in the book is Victoria. She is a strong and ambitious woman. She is passionate about her personal and professional life. Her determination and intelligence will lead her to have a highly successful career. Victoria is a true feminist. She is fearless and will stop at nothing to get to the top of her profession. As well as being successful in her career, she wants to inspire all women. Another character who will be at the heart of the story is Senator Sam Eagan. However, it is a little difficult for the reader to get to know Sam’s true personality. There will be other characters in the story such as Victoria’s friends and advisors. The third main character is Grace, a young journalist who will become a key character in the development of the story. Her personality is similar to Victoria’s but the reader will be unsure if loyalty is one of her qualities.

The story is written in the third person. However, when the flashbacks occur, the story is written from Victoria’s point of view and the author uses the first person. This distinction was interesting and gave a clear separation between the present and the past. The style flows and the story is interesting with a good plot. The author will reveal secrets about Victoria’s past. The flashbacks keep the suspense in the story. There was a lot of information about political life in the United States of America. It was really interesting to learn about life in the U.S. Senate and about the Twenty-fifth Amendment. I found it astonishing to learn about what happens if the president is not able to perform his duties. The author is very knowledgeable about American politics and history. I would recommend this book to all readers who enjoy a good thriller. I would also recommend it to readers who are interested in American politics and history. Some of the facts about the Twenty-fifth Amendment were fascinating!

I enjoyed the book. It has a very good plot. I liked the main character as she was truly inspirational. It made me think that if you are determined and disciplined in life, you can achieve great things despite having a difficult start. I admired Victoria’s strength and resilience. Her life was not always easy but she was determined to overcome her difficulties.

There were some grammatical errors but this did not spoil the story. There is nothing I disliked about the book and I rate it four out of four stars.

Madam Vice President
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”