Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Crabby69 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One day, a group of cat detectives headed to South Korea as Missy, the human mother of the cats, would be presenting her newly prepared cheese at a cooking contest that is organized by Le Cordon Bleu. She would also serve in the position of judge between South and North Korean participants in the culinary chef competition.

When they start their journey to South Korea, they arrive at the airport, and Missy discovers that her new cheese is missing. The cat detectives won't tolerate this to get over them, and they stand to fish out the culprit, who happens to be a participant in the same cooking contest.

This is the first detective task for Inca & Company under the leadership of Inca, the Siberian detective. However, greater dilemmatic acts loom ahead and are bound to shake up the detective competence of the detective team.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi tells of the story of a group of cat detectives made up of seven members, including a human mother, as they encounter various dilemmatic problems waiting to be solved with the help of their detective expertise. Other members of the detective team include Monk, Terrance, Polo, Inca's siblings, and Cara, their pet.

The book starts with Inca introducing herself and her detective team members. As she narrates her adventure, she carries herself with a grateful disposition and self-love, recounting how her team has helped resolve dilemmatic problems in the past, which have projected their fame to a wider range of territory. I love the positive vibes that ooze from the narration of her story; it raises my curiosity to discover more about her and the team's achievements under her leadership. How the story is told makes it suitable for children. Children will be attracted to Inca's story due to some factors. First, the visual display of the cats speaks about their personality because the display reflects certain emotions on each of their faces. Second, the content is written sparingly on each page, and this will help children to see each page of the book as simple to read, playful, and quick to be finished.

The book is not difficult to read as the sentences used are simple and have an informal tone. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed reading through its pages. Also, there is nothing I didn't like about it. Though I am not a child, I was thrilled by the plot and everything about the book. The book is exceptionally well-edited, as I couldn't find an error in it. Children will learn how to appreciate life and possess courage for life's challenges. I'd recommend Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula to children between the ages of eight to twelve years. Many teenagers could also enjoy the book to pass the time.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

At this point, I know that I'm not mistaken when I say I'm in love with the Inca book series. I always look out for the Inca book series because there are several attributes or qualities often displayed by Inca and her furry friends which I can incorporate into my daily life. Thanks for the review.
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I'm currently on holiday South Korea, so I was drawn to this book and I thought the concept of the books was a really unique idea.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”