Review of Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayorinde Joseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayorinde-joseph.html
Latest Review: Why God Allows Evil and Suffering by Sine Nomine

Review of Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs

Post by Ayorinde Joseph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs" by Denny Hatch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs by Denny Hatch is a book containing the compilations of different Bawdy jokes and Patter songs. This book contains more than 100 YouTube performance videos of Bawdy jokes and Patter songs. The author assembled the different Bawdy Jokes and Patter Songs, and added the YouTube links to the performances of these songs and jokes. Not only did he add the links to these jokes and songs but he also explains the right audience for each joke and Patter song. Some of these jokes could be interspersed and the book contains the information needed to intersperse some of these jokes, the perfect joke pairing and the proper way of interspersing in order for the interspersed jokes and songs not to lose their humour. The book also contains some of the past performers of these jokes. The author perfectly described the backgrounds of these performers as well as his first encounter with them. Different staging is required for each joke and song and the possible scenarios for staging are added below each joke and song in the book. In the book, there is the celebrity stories, the world shortest joke, limericks (little poems) and the five restaurant jokes.

Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs is an interesting and exciting book. The book is a perfect handbook for lists of lovely songs and spirit-lifting jokes. I like how the author added the links to the performance of each joke and song in the book. The author was also kind enough not to leave the details about the right audience for each joke and song. The book also contains some funny jokes which makes it exciting and captivating. The words used for the jokes compilation are unambiguous and can be easily understood by the readers. The humor in the book courtesy of the jokes will make a reader stay glued to the end.

Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs is an interesting and exciting book. I find no fault in the book.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is entertaining especially the jokes. The author added some useful details about the songs. Also, the words are unambiguous and easily comprehended.

I would recommend Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs to everybody who is interested in some funny jokes and exciting music. I would also recommend this book to people who are into music and stand-up comedy. The book is also suitable for instrumentalists and masters of ceremony (the MCs)

Bawdy Jokes & Patter Songs
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”