Review of Madam Vice President

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyiny.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review of Madam Vice President

Post by Onyiny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Madam Vice President" by Julian Mann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Julian Mann's novel, Madam Vice President, has 521 pages and 22 chapters. This book explores the difficulties that come with politics and how they are handled by candidates for office. It has themes of covert identity, deception, romance, and more.

Vera lost her way in life after the loss of her mother. She joined a street gang to find solace, but quickly suffered the consequences of her choice, forcing her to leave everything she had known. She then leaves her past and is reincarnated as Victoria Pierce, a general who is lauded for her selfless actions for the common good throughout the presidential campaign. Things are going well as she receives her nomination for the vice presidential position, but what will happen when her long-forgotten past catches up with her and threatens to undo everything she has fought so hard for? Discover the truth our protagonist is attempting to keep hidden by reading this book.

It's an exciting book by Julian Mann called Madam Vice President. I found it difficult to put the book down once I started reading because the plot was so intriguing. The author's familiarity with literature is evident in the book. I applaud the author for doing a good job with the characterization in this book. The descriptions also helped me feel as though I knew them personally. From this book, I gained a lot of political knowledge. The author made it a pleasant read by using simple language. Each character had a part that had been written just right for them. I liked Grace the most out of all the characters because she was a reporter who was compelled to find the truth no matter what. I appreciated the way the author struck a good balance between letting us in on the protagonist's background while also expertly keeping us informed about her present.

Since I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I have no complaints to make about it. It is a page-turner. The entire novel is interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Additionally, it was incredibly engrossing and fascinating. It was full of suspense, anticipation, and even a little romance. The dialogue and character analysis were both spot on. This book was exceptionally well edited, and for these reasons, I give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

If you like suspense, I suggest you read this book. I believe it will be enjoyable for those who prefer suspense, action, and investigation stories as well as political thrillers.

Madam Vice President
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”