Review of Living in Color

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathalie Elsa Nelson
Currently Reading: Of the Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsa-lee.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Review of Living in Color

Post by Nathalie Elsa Nelson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Living in Color" by Mike Murphy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mike knew that it would change the course of his and his beloved wife's love story forever when Mike found out the love of his life who had been fighting against cancer for 8 years, would only have 6 months to live. In this heartwarming memoir, Mike shares his wife's battle with cancer and how she lived each day with courage, always remembering to see the good in every moment. Together, they made memories that will last a lifetime, and they are both determined to make sure that their story is told and that others can learn from their experience.

The book's cover perfectly describes the book's title, which is Living in Color: A Story of Love, in Sickness and in Health. The book's cover portrayed two loving couples looking at each other with deep love and affection, despite the grim circumstances of their lives. Mike was able to write the book in such a way that you were constantly wanting to know what happened next, and without realizing it, you had finished the book within an hour. The book is filled with heartwarming reminiscing about the trips, laughter, and bonding they had. It's as if the readers are hearing it firsthand from the author.

The book is full of lessons. One of it is that Mike Murphy's love for his wife is unshakable, even in difficult situations. They prioritize each others' well-being, even if it means losing something. Moreover, it is clear that Margot's unyielding love demonstrates what it means to love someone so persistently and unconditionally, even if the beloved is not ready or open to receiving love. This is a heartwarming story of two people who find love and change in each other. Margot and Mike both show a deep and abiding form of unconditional love, and Living in Colors teaches us lessons on how to cultivate love in our own lives. And on top of all, I did not spot any errors in the book.

I couldn't find anything to hate about Living in Color: A Story of Love, in Sickness and in Health. The memoir is heartwarming. The memoir is about a couple's journey through sickness and health, and it is filled with love, laughter, and hope.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as I absolutely loved reading this heartwarming memoir by Mike Murphy. I couldn't help but get wrapped up in his and his wife's story and feel their emotions alongside them.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a positive read. I would also highly recommend this book to those families who have been touched by cancer. They will find great comfort in the scenes in the book, which are all real events that have happened to Mike and his wife.

Living in Color
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”