Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Review of Killing Abel

Post by David Chijindu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Envy is not a good character. Envy brings a lot of negative thoughts. We must have a genuine love for others. Sacrifice is important. We must make sacrifices. There is a blessing that comes after we give out a thing. It may not come immediately. This book teaches readers the importance of making sacrifices.

Killing Abel by M. Tieman is a book about the importance of making a pleasing sacrifice. Cain and Abel are brothers. Cain was a jealous brother. This book taught me why we must not envy people. Envy is bad. It leads to negative actions. The book also taught me the importance of giving. Abel gave a perfect sacrifice. There are other stories in the book that teach readers a lot of lessons. Noah helped God to build an ark that saved the world from destruction.

I like some aspects of the book. The book has different stories. There are four stories in the book. I love it because the author did not focus the piece on a story. The author did a fantastic job. I love how the author used the story of Cain and Abel to teach the importance of giving. Abel gave the best he had for the sacrifice. It shows readers there is a blessing associated with anything we give. The book was brief. There are 378 pages in the book. I did not have any problem understanding any story in the book.

I did not like some aspects of the book. The title of the book makes me think the book has one story. The book has more than one story. The author must use a better title for the book. I found a few errors in the book. I want the book to be error-free. I want the author to correct those errors. The book was not appropriately numbered. Some pages are not in the book. For instance, the piece has no page 4. A book that was not properly numbered did not sit well with me.

The book was educative. It taught me a lot of lessons. The story of Cain and Abel was educative. I enjoyed reading the book. I found a few errors in the book, so it is professionally well-edited. Due to my criticisms, I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars and recommend the book to anyone who wants to read a book with biblical stories.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

Abel was a very jealous brother. He envied the success of his brother. This is a very bad character that we must avoid. There is nothing good in envy. I love this review.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This an interesting book, there are many things I learned from it that were not written in the Bible nice review.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

This is an educative book. I learned a lot after reading the book. I have not read a book like this before. This is an excellent job by the author. I love it
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed reading this book. The author did a great job in telling the story of creation from his own view. I like the fact that the author didnt leave out the soverignity of God in his book. Your review on the book is perfect. Welldone!!!
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

Jealousy and the significance of making sacrifices are both touched on as the author gives us a unique insight into a part of the creation story involving Cain and Abel. This was a great read for me as well.
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

I will always love this book. The author's initiative is awesome. Many kudos to Tieman.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

I love how this bible story was written. The author did a great job in his writing style. I came to understand Cain and Abel actions. And how Abel was murdered. Readers will gain a lot of insight from this book. Thanks for the great review.
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

This is an awesome piece from the author. I like that he was able to fill in the missing gaps in the creation story. At least, he make sense of the confusions people have.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

A different and elaborate episode from the Bible that speaks on the story of Abel and Cain
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I enjoyed reading the book. I saluted the author’s creativity. It was superb. It added visual interpretation to some of the incidents in the Bible.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

While I found some stories of the author to be interesting, it sound so unreal to me. All the same, it was such a good read.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I hve read this book, i see that the author of this book really shows diligence and creativity in breaking down the biblical terms and difficult setting. Well done on the review.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Reading this book will give you more insight about the biblical version of Cain and Abel story.
Streo Stelen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-streo-stelen.html
Latest Review: Crazy Time by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by Streo Stelen »

The story is really easy-to-read but I don't understand why it's called 'killing abel' when it has so much more. but it really is a good book for a beginner.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”