Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Review of Wild World

Post by Moray_001 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes, doing the right thing comes at a price. Are you willing to pay?

Wild World is a historical fiction novel by Peter S. Rush. It is about a young man named Steve Logan. The story starts with devastating news about student protesters killed at Kent State University. Steve and his friends are enraged at these actions and want to make a difference. Steve, his friends and his girlfriend, Roxy, engage in protests around the city to condemn the acts of war. After an informative meeting with a police officer, Steve decides to join the Providence Police department to be an agent of positive change. However, he realizes the corruption might be more than he bargained for in his quest.

I enjoyed a glimpse into the past and how war can affect generations. One thing I respected in Steve's character was his determination to make a difference. He was resilient and tough. In moments where he doubted himself, his intentions didn't change. Initially, I thought Steve's power as a cop would influence him negatively, and he would become a corrupt cop. He seemed to be fighting a losing war but never gave up despite how tough it seemed.

I applaud the author for portraying character growth for Steve and Roxy. It was nice to follow their character development and changes throughout the story. It was also interesting how Steve and Roxy were very much aware of the dynamics of their relationship and personalities. With time, their experiences shaped their mindset and perception of life.

What I did not like about the book was how the scenes could change. It confused me. When Steve recalled past events within the same chapter, it would have been helpful for the author to include a line stating the location, year and other relevant details. Also, it seemed like the author kept adjusting the font for each chapter title. I don't know if it was a template design or not. Besides that, I found no faults with the book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars due to its professional editing and thought-provoking storyline. It was an enlightening read that taught valuable life lessons in determination, learning to let go and making a positive change in society.

I recommend this story to those who enjoy historical fiction, action, justice and crime stories. I would not recommend this story to minors due to some violent, profane and sexual content that is inappropriate for younger age groups.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”