Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

Post by Hogwarts03 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless" by Mitzi Perdue.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Purdue is an incredibly insightful biography about the successes, failures, and life of the author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, Mark Victor Hansen. This book does a great job of emulating Mark's strategic personality and exploring his key strengths like commitment and determination. The narration of Mark's road to success is captivating to say the least.

Containing thirty chapters, with each chapter detailing a different area of Mark's life, the book makes for a very organized and pleasurable read. Mitzi Perdue narrates Mark's life in a chronological order staring with his childhood, when he infamously sold gift cards and refused to give up until he could buy himself an expensive bicycle, continuing with his education, where he attended Southern Illinois University (SIU) and learned the value of hard work over reckless pleasure, to his adult life, where he went through divorce, losing himself, and reaching a point where he was happy with his life and the people in his life. We also get to experience all the bizarre adventures that Mark has been on, learn about the people he has formed connections with, and watch his drive for success provide him with positive results.

There was really nothing negative that I can say about this book. I found no errors to complain of. The pacing of the book was perfect and there was not a single moment throughout my reading of this book where I found myself bored.

There were a lot of aspects that I absolutely loved about this book. The first one is the 'Learn from Mark' sections at the end of each chapter which are literal gold mines of advice. They highlight the main points of that specific chapter of Mark's life and generously emphasize how we, as the readers, can use these lessons positively in our own lives. The second aspect of the book that I loved is the random quotes by Mark Victor Hansen that pop up in the most appropriate places and are also very thought provoking and educational. Lastly but not least were the photographs that appeared for the narration of each important event. The photographs made it easy to visualize the events and also helped solidify the realization that I was reading about a real human being. They served to heighten my enjoyment when reading.

This biography is fully accurate in its contents as the author used close friends of Mark Victor Hansen to recount the events being being narrated. The book was also read by Mark himself with a positive outcome.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no errors to complain about and this book is suitable for readers of all ages. This book is also not likely to affect anyone's religious beliefs as the only mentions of religion are in regard to Mark's own beliefs. I would highly recommend this book if you're looking to change your life for the better or just enjoy non-fiction books in general!

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kampen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kampen.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by kampen »

Fans of biographies might find this to be a pleasant book to read. This book appears to be inspiring as well, as this astute review illustrates. It sounds like a nice book that I also recommend to those who love inspiring stories.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

One of the books that inspire me. Mark Victor Hansen's success is captivating. It shows that if you believe in yourself and continue your dreams to pursue, you'll achieve them in the end. An example of this is publishing his book series Chicken Soup for the Soul. At first, no one wants to read it because of its unique title, but Mark doesn't give up and promoted his book by sharing it with his public speaking career. And look what he has got, it was very successful. It was perseverance, hard work, and determination. It is a great book and a great story success.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”