Review of Wild World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Wild World

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The compelling tale of a young man named Steve Logan and his heroic involvement in the Vietnam War is told in the book Wild World by Peter S. Rush. The unfairness and police brutality towards the public are described in depth in the book. Kent State University students peacefully protested in response to the injustice. The conflict began when local police used brutal force against peaceful protesters. Four students died as a result of this action. As a law student, Steve decided to forgo his studies to join the New York City Police and help the nation's justice system. Did he accomplish his goal? What transpired after he joined the police department? Find out by obtaining a copy.

My generation's experiences with injustice are well-captured in the book. Although a little bit slow in the beginning, it quickly picks up the pace and becomes engrossing and enticing. Roxy, Steve's girlfriend, first shares his concerns about his troubles but eventually expresses a different opinion as she realizes that they are losing their friends. After learning that Steve was unwilling to give up his fight for justice, she broke off her relationship with him. The more I read about the difficulties Steve faced as a result of his unselfish actions, the more interested I grew in the book. The entire book was enjoyable to me. However, the latter two chapters of the book are the most intriguing.

My favorite character is Steve, who, despite losing important relationships, was still committed to bringing about peace and fairness in the nation. It is so heartbreaking that Roxy, Steve's girlfriend, abandoned him during this ordeal when he most needed her to show him her love. The selflessness of the young man moved me to tears. He still has the drive to do the right thing while being surrounded by criticism. In addition to the previously stated subjects, the author also discusses some other intriguing ones, including neighborhood segregation, corruption, and women's rights.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. The author has exceptional creative ability. He presented the book in a style that would appeal to all readers. I must commend the author for this thought-provoking book. The book contains a few errors, but not enough for me to take a star off. In my opinion, the book is professionally edited.

I rate the book four out of four stars because it widened my perspective on a variety of subjects, including the need to be selfless in my dealings with people even when it is not appreciated. I recommend this instructive book to activists and those who want to change their country's political structures.

Wild World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

I have not experienced war in my lifetime but I reckon it is a life altering experience. Great review.
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

This is a captivating novel. Steve is my best character in this book because he did what only few can do. Great review.
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

Doing the right thing despite all the criticism is indeed hard. Steve is to be commended. Thanks for the review!
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

I love the way Steve decided to do the right despite everything. I love your review I would like to read this book.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

It's so sad how students end up suffering from the bad decisions of the government. I'm curious to know this book ended. Thanks and great job on the review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

We live in a wild wold indeed. I find the plot of thisi book interesting to read. I hope Steve pulls through Iin a corrupted system. Wonderful review Welldone!!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

We live in a wild wold indeed. I find the plot of thisi book interesting to read. I hope Steve pulls through Iin a corrupted system. Wonderful review Welldone!!
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Steve's patriotic move is a great decision, I will like to know if he achieve his goal. Well reviewed, great job.
Chukwuemeka obinka Mathew
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chukwuemeka obinka Mathew »

The sacrifice made by this young man is much. He should not have abandoned his education because of this fight. Great review.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

The book indeed is a travelogue into the history of the world's brutality and corruption. It is so brave of Steve to sacrifice the normal course of his destiny and write another one for himself—the one that fulfill his desire to fight injustice away in the land
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

I think this book will suit historians and students of history. I read about the effect of the Vietnamese war recently and there wasn't a lot of detail about the war itself. This would be a good read.
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

Steve Logan seems like a powerful character. Despite the hurdles he had been through, he still keep on fighting. Your review is amazing as well.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

I have read this book and detest the rate of police brutality; using their power and authority to harass students instead of protecting them.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

Well, I don't see this book in just the aspect of war. In many areas of our lives things are sometimes violent or inconvenient, but all we have to do is keep pushing and be determined.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”