Review of Tour of Duty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Remi akinluyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-remi-akinluyi.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Review of Tour of Duty

Post by Remi akinluyi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Tour of Duty" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tour of Duty by William H. Coles is a story about a young man named Miles. He was a kind man who graduated from medical school and decided to serve as a doctor in the military. The story tells us how Miles meets the commander, who tells him his duties. While he was serving, Miles discovered some shortcomings in the hospital among the doctors. He then suggested the idea of training the doctors, which would help them perform their services better. The commander strongly opposed the idea, stating that it would require a lot of resources. Miles decided to carry on with his idea so that he could help to improve the service provided at the hospital, but he ended up facing some difficulties along the way. While all this was going on, Miles made some friends who became very important people in his life. They all shared experiences that brought them even closer together. This book tells the story of how Miles navigates his life as a doctor while searching for love and remaining honorable.

What I loved most about the book was the author's fluidity and how he was able to connect each chapter. All the characters in the book had their unique characteristics, but they still connected very well throughout the book. I loved the historical references made in the book. I was able to learn more about the Holocaust and the Cold War. This book introduced me to new words, which encouraged me to learn.

I especially loved the issues that were mentioned in the book. It touched on subjects like rape and sexism. I felt the main character's frustration when he could not help a woman who was faced with that situation. I loved all the characters in the book despite their flaws. We were able to watch the characters grow and learn from their experiences. I admired how resilient the main character was. He was faced with so many problems, but he was able to persevere and maintain his morals. The author also touched on topics like art and painting. I especially loved this because I was able to learn more about art.

I disliked nothing about this book and found it very interesting. I loved the plot and how the story developed. The book was very easy to read and understand. It contains themes like romance and history, which made the book very engaging. I learned a lot from reading the book.

The book contained no errors. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because I found it to be very captivating. I will recommend it to people who are interested in romance and history. I will also recommend it to people who are interested in themes like war.

Tour of Duty
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”