Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed explains the creation of the universe in a way that has never been presented or even imagined. Just after breakfast on a Tuesday before days, time, space, and rooms existed, Theodil stands before a committee and gives a presentation. This isn’t just any presentation; it is the creation of the universe that will blow the committee’s minds. With a roll of a dice, Theodil creates dots that are called Zots. By pinching the Zots and pulling them, he establishes noodle-like structures called Xoodles. Through trial and error, contorting, squashing, and meshing these Xoodles, Theodil creates light, time, and matter. The committee looks on in disbelief; they moan, and question Theodil's every move. Theodil is calm as he plays around with his creation and expertly answers the committee.

The author of Of Zots and Xoodles challenges the norm and questions why things are expected to be done in a certain way. His pen name Zarqnon is one he chose as an amusement to himself. When we think of the creation of the universe, we think of an omnipotent being as an architect who constructed everything, or with the scientific approach, we think of atoms and particles as the beginning. The author challenges these approaches and interestingly combines them to bring forth Theodil, who creates Zots and Xoodles.

Anyone who reads this book will appreciate its originality. That’s the one thing I could say I liked. The author provides a unique viewpoint on the creation of the universe, which is why I chose to read the book. I’m rarely interested in reading books broaching scientific stuff because they can get too technical for my liking. Still, I decided to give this one a shot because of its originality. Sadly, this is the only thing that I liked about the book.

Of Zots and Xoodles is a complex read filled with many technical terms that make it difficult for the ordinary reader to read and understand easily. I didn’t expect the book to be so technical and challenging to read. The sentences were long, and I easily got lost in the words and forgot the main point being discussed. This required me to reread some sections and try to make sense of them. I also found some words I didn’t understand and couldn’t find in the dictionary. This made me question whether those were errors or if the author forgot to define the new terms explicitly. The book also ended abruptly, and I’m stuck between hating that or appreciating how the author once again goes against the norm of how books should end.

I rate Of Zots and Xoodles one out of four stars. The one star is because of the original concept that the author came up with, but due to the book’s complexity and all the issues mentioned in the paragraph above, I cannot give it more than one star. I recommend the book to people who enjoy science fiction and appreciate books that get technical. This isn’t a book for someone looking for an easy read.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jacqui Halimana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacqui-halimana.html
Latest Review: The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2: Dagger and Shadow Ninja in: Welcome to Las Vegas by Timothy P. Callahan

Post by Jacqui Halimana »

I always appreciate a fresh viewpoint of how life on earth came to be. I think I will have a problem with the technicality of the book that you mention. But honestly, I am curious to find out about this original theory of creation. Thank you for such a detailed review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83952
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1153%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Author is zarqnon the embarrassed and Frank Louis allen sighn the graphics illustration good reviews 📚🥂✅📖
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

So creation came from zots and noodles? What a fresh idea, although I think a little prosperous. If the author can choose the pen name for his amusement I am sure that he wrote the book for that as well surely there can not be people that believe this is true?
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Of Zots and Xoodles explains the creation of the universe in a way that has never been presented or even imagined.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Really a unique theroy.The title and cover are captivating. This zot and zoodles in which the universe created is amusing. I'm curious about Theodil's explanations to the community.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

The summary of the book that you have shared in the first paragraph got my head invested in but I am not so sure if it is a book I could try since it seems there are a lot of negatives you found than positives. But they say we all have a different opinion of things, It would not hurt to read it at some point. I feel engrossed by the ideas that are discussed within it. Thank you for the review
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I have read works from this author before and struggled to cope with his writing style. Though his ideas are interesting, I know I won't enjoy a book that leaves me confused half the time. Nonetheless, thanks for the review.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

I appreciate the a perfect use of books theme in concluding ending of the book. well done

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”