Review of Building A Coaching Culture

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Review of Building A Coaching Culture

Post by Odala J Phiri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Building A Coaching Culture" by Andreas Von Der Heydt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt is a research-based book aimed at equipping managers and leaders with coaching skills in an administrative setting to form a sustainable coaching culture. The author believes that leaders can coach their employees and shape them in a two-way process. The author researched to find out the main elements of an intramural coaching program. This may be maintained and implemented by the organizational leaders to integrate new workers into organizations magnificently. The author starts by giving the introduction of the research. In the introduction, the author explains the problem statement, the purpose of the research, research questions, context, participants and stakeholders, positionality and synopsis of the research design in detail.

The author found the results of the research and explained them in different cycles. The results have been explained with the identified problem, research question and what other people found. One of the findings was that most people enjoy two-way coaching. The author quoted a lot of people in this book to back up his results, and he acknowledged their work. He explains how a good quality coaching program delivers targeted results in an organization. He has further explained how the coaching culture can be created in five phases. Furthermore, the author explains how the study creates new knowledge and systemic alteration in an organization. After the analysis, he has given recommendations that may assist organizations to build a sustainable coaching culture.

The author is a well-experienced researcher. His approach to research shows how advanced he is in the research field. This is one of the unique research that has been carried out. It gives keys that may help various companies grow by establishing a coaching culture. I like the outline of the book. As a prospective researcher, I have learned some approaches that the author used to come up with tangible results and recommendations. I also like how he has explained the methodology that was used. This has been explained in the appendix. I like the simplicity of the language used, clarity of the procedures and comprehensive conclusions drawn in the book.

The book has good short paragraphs. This reduces boredom when reading books of this kind. The writer has used some figures to illustrate some points. The book is divided into different sections. This makes it easy to follow the story. There is nothing I did not like in this book. It is well-written and professionally edited. It serves its purpose. I found very few minor errors that did not affect my reading. I enjoyed reading this book. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book has addressed one of the challenges that most employers are facing in this COVID-19 era. Most employers have coaching problems and their businesses are going down.

The author used technology to collect data for the research. He conducted some interviews online. Despite the pandemic, he was able to work it out. I recommend this book to managers and all leaders in various organizations. Strategies that have been provided in this book may contribute to the growth of the organisations and help in economic recovery. I also recommend this book to the higher learning institutions to include it in their syllabus so that they should produce graduates that are aware of the in-house coaching culture.

Building A Coaching Culture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

First of all Iove the fact that this book is a new version that touches on the Covid-19 pandemic which we have been facing lately. I really enjoyed going through the review, it seems like one productive read. Thank you for the review ♥️
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 546
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

I like that the author did research before writing the book. I also like that Andreas Von Der Heydt used figures to illustrate some points.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I liked reading this research, which is a master's thesis. It is well prepared and has very good bases on which to draw conclusions from the study.
Also that it is based on the opinions of managers of large companies. And they did it all during the pandemic crisis, what a great job.
My attention was drawn to the fact that the author also takes into account the opinion of those interviewed about him to improve the program he is preparing. In addition, it can be helpful for personnel management and achievement of expectations.
I would like to continue reading research like this.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”