Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Maris Charles M »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Initially, when I picked up this book, I kept wondering what I would get from an overly long biography. The truths contained in this book, coupled with the struggle of the author, got into me just like a hot knife through butter. I could relate to some of the content of this book because I am from a country in Africa. Having seen the current state of things in the world, I think peace should not be a sermon to be preached. It should be a dream for everyone.

This book is simply a memoir of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah and his active service to humanity. Born in a small town in the province of Constantine, in northeastern Algeria, Dr. Ghoulem Berrah rose above all odds to become a fearless fighter for the freedom of Algeria. The racial discrimination the author faced was his major drive for an independent Algeria, free from the French colonizers. The family and personal life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah were not lacking in this story. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was a professor of virology at the University of Yale School of Medicine before becoming a diplomat. The journey to achieve peace has never been an easy one, especially in a world filled with people of different beliefs, cultures, religions, lifestyles, and more. All these are evident in this book. A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah should be a must-read for you.

After reading this book, I had to observe a moment of silence to show my respect to those gallant soldiers who gave their lives for this struggle. I found every chapter of this book amazing. I do not think that the current generation of people in some African countries will be able to enjoy the peace and independence they have now if not for men like Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. Page 614 of this book made me cry. In some African countries, like mine, they have made the labor of our past heroes seem vain. Despite our abundance of natural resources, flawed government policies, greed, corruption, and other factors have stifled our progress to the point where we appear to be better off in the hands of our colonizers.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. The purpose and life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah were well written. His life would be an inspiration for more generations to come.

I will rate this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. This book was exceptionally well-edited. I will recommend this book as a compulsory text to all secondary schools across Africa. This book will also be a great read for all those who are into the struggle for world peace.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Indeed I could only say bravo after reading this review. Dr. Gholem is a selfless activist who is rare to find in our today's world. I commend him for his resilience and courage in his fight for freedom. Thanks for the great review.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

When I read this book, I found it too lengthy. But Berrah's life and qualities soon drew me in. Thanks for a good review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have seen many people write about the length of this work. I do think that, however, many words are needed to convey the greatness of this man. I haven’t read it myself, though, so I don’t know if there is extraneous information.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”