Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon are the authors of the nonfiction book The Biblical Clock. It is 540 pages long. The authors lead the readers on an exploration of historical occurrences in different countries and regions of the world.

Three sections make up the structure of the book. The first part focused on the people from the past and present who were accountable for the ideas that sparked questions about historical events in our minds. As a result, the unexpected turn of events and their connection was revealed. The second section connected the first section to the biblical plan and served as its conclusion. Readers were taken back a few years in time by this passage. The readers were able to gain knowledge about creation and its importance throughout human history. We got a glimpse of Isaac Newton's works, along with a prediction of how the End of Days would play out. The history of our first parents, Adam and Eve, in the Garden of Eden and how creation began with them were discussed in the final section.

I do find some aspects appealing. The book's second part showed Daniel debating his theories and hypotheses with his nephew. The way it was portrayed made me like the interaction. I had the impression that I was there and had been paying close attention. My interest was maintained by the engaging writing style that demonstrated the book's lack of allegiance to any particular belief or religion. I enjoyed some of the illustrations in that book as well, because they helped to retain my interest. An example was the picture of a map that showed the northern invasion area on page 318. The book was flawlessly edited, as I noted no errors.

However, Dan's use of unscientific techniques and the bias in his analysis bothered me. He sought support from the scriptures and used intuition to support his claims. Additionally, he made some incorrect assumptions from the Bible regarding the origins of certain things. One such instance was the misuse of the Genesis account on page 147 that described the emergence of land plants during creation. He asserted that the Garden of Eden experienced plant growth between the fourth and sixth hours of the sixth day, but this was untrue. Plants first appeared on the third day, as is evident from Genesis 1:11–13. I found that to prove his points, he deliberately chose events that seemed to confirm his preconceptions and bias and presented them as proof. I'll rate this book three out of four stars because of these misconceptions.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading historical and religious texts because they would find it interesting. The fact that it discusses the age of the universe will appeal to readers who enjoy both fiction and non-fiction books.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

Wow! The author must be very intelligent to try to merge hypothesis and biblical references. A reconciliation between science and religion! A must read. Great review.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

A book that exposes some truths about the universe. I love the fact that it incorporated some scientific facts. Great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t think that science and the Bible are mutually exclusive. Who’s to say that God didn’t use science in His plan?
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

I love Christian books, although I do not like the illogical conclusion he seems to be drawing. Good review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”