Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Review of Just Die

Post by T T 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if you wake up after a long sleep only to discover that you are no ordinary human anymore and hold superpowers? What will be your reaction and how you will deal with changes in your life from then on? A paranormal thriller Just Die by E. Alan Fleischauer follows the story of Jake Silver and his ordeals with his unexpected superpowers.

Jake Silver discovered a new ability after having a stroke and obtaining the newly developed best medical care. The ability to murder someone simply by pointing at them and saying "just die." But he couldn't walk about like that when one miscalculation may cost someone's life. He steers his new reality with superpowers with the assistance of his girlfriend and a friend. However, with tremendous power comes great responsibility. How will Jake choose to use his newfound power? What are the consequences of his decisions?

With a unique plot, the author did justice to the characters and their narratives. The writing was straightforward but powerful. The events in the book were vivid and provided a clear image of what was going on. The plot is fast-paced and loaded with action-packed thrills that will have you on the edge of your seat. The novel not only takes you on a fictional adventure but also asks readers questions about the quality of life, many facets of morality, and loyalty, subtly linking the realm of fantasy to reality. The book has been well-edited and has no grammatical faults. The language is simple to grasp, and the format is easy to follow.

I couldn't find anything negative about the book. From the story to the characters, everything was beautifully integrated. The ability to describe an incident without exaggeration was impressive. I'm not a fan of single-event descriptives, especially in a thriller, and the author did not fail in that regard. The blend of genres added to the plot's novelty and gave the narrative an extra drive.

That being stated, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. An engaging piece of fiction will leave you wanting more. Its uniqueness fascinated me the most, and it will do the same for you. This is a book I would suggest to everyone above the age of 18. It will appeal to a broad range of readers who like a thrilling novel, particularly those interested in superpowers and superhumans. People who are not interested in paranormal thrillers should avoid this book.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Muskan Afzal-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-afzal.html
Latest Review: Shadow Eclipse Voyage by E. M. Gale

Post by Muskan Afzal- »

Your review helps me in finding my next read. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”