Review of The MECE Muse

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Karen Gurtiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-gurtiza.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Review of The MECE Muse

Post by Karen Gurtiza »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The MECE Muse: 100+ Selected Practices, Unwritten Rules, and Habits of Great Consultants emphasizes consulting. The latter plays a vital role in the success of every industry, a job that deals with people a lot. It includes determining the different kinds of consultants, how to hone and shape them in order to create the best possible ones, as well as the common personality types in the consulting team, a must-know indeed. It also tackles the environments that both positively and negatively affect in performing the task and how to achieve the very goal of customer satisfaction concluding that business in general is personal, therefore to take personally.

One strong point of The MECE Muse I believe is Christie Lindor on conducting interviews with consulting partners and leaders highlighting teamwork, an essential for success in consulting because of the success to labor force coming from it is an advantage that could lead the business to great heights. Aside from the exchange of ideas and knowledge, the sharing of experiences and opinions to arrive into collective outputs is giving value to each and everyone in the team in many ways. Another thing is showing the importance of having good interpersonal relationships as consulting is often a face-to-face interaction. The interviews deem to be effective and efficient tools. There is also a hint of the author with strong principles. The enthusiastic, driven and passionate nature of Christie Lindor is empowering. The good characteristics she possesses mirror her hard-earned success and prestige being a great consultant, hence a great inspiration to pioneers and aspirants to all endeavors. On a personal note, the common personality types is the best part of my reading. It is self-defining. It turned out then to be some kind of personality type test before the other half of the book.

There are few typographical errors but there is nothing to dislike in this book. It is actually a good read. It is honestly one of the scholastic books that I really enjoyed reading.

I rate The MECE Muse with 3 out of 4 stars, giving emphasize to the application of the informative style of writing. It helped me much when it comes to analyzing the data.

I recommend The MECE Muse to both clients and businesspersons, not only in this field of specialization or in the field of business but in all kinds of industry, It is self-explanatory that students having business subjects or in business courses can very well rely on.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

What an insightful look at the world of consulting. Great review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Life Through Poetry and Art Revisited
Bookshelf Size: 5479
fav_author_id: 6456
2022 Reading Goal: 1000
2022 Goal Completion: 546%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

It's un written rules or harbit an insight guide to consulting, providing valuable insight and practical knowledge including unwritten rules, career, strategies in addition to invest from top industry consultant leadership I highly recommend this book to business minded people
Karen Gurtiza
Currently Reading:

Post by Karen Gurtiza »

lawisimportant23 wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 09:59 What an insightful look at the world of consulting. Great review.
Thank you, I appreciate. I can relate to the book because I took a business course. Good luck to your reviews :tiphat:
Karen Gurtiza
Currently Reading:

Post by Karen Gurtiza »

Margi zuu202 wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 11:35 It's un written rules or harbit an insight guide to consulting, providing valuable insight and practical knowledge including unwritten rules, career, strategies in addition to invest from top industry consultant leadership I highly recommend this book to business minded people
I do appreciate the comment. Good luck to your reviews :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”