Review of The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2: Dagger and Shadow Ninja in: Welcome to Las Vegas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: The Zodiac Decoded by Joseph T. Cappa, Esq.
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 30%

Review of The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2: Dagger and Shadow Ninja in: Welcome to Las Vegas

Post by Moyin Loveth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2: Dagger and Shadow Ninja in: Welcome to Las Vegas" by Timothy P. Callahan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2: Dagger and Shadow Ninja in: Welcome to Las Vegas is a fast-paced action novel written by Timothy P. Callahan. Tanaka and Daniel, two superheroes who also happen to be brothers, are the main characters in the book. Daniel, who is the elder brother, is also known as "Shadow Ninja," while Tanaka, the younger brother, is known as "Dagger." In the book's opening chapter, Tanaka receives a frantic call from his ex, who he hasn't heard from in over ten years, Nancy Waddel, requesting his appearance in Las Vegas. Nancy doesn't give away enough details in her call, only that she suspects she is in grave danger.

Tanaka, still harbouring unresolved feelings for his ex, drops everything to go and help her. Daniel decides to travel to Las Vegas with Tanaka because he has no choice but to stick with his brother. When they arrive, they meet Nancy, who seems to be physically fine but acts paranoid. Further conversation with Nancy reveals that she thinks her ex-husband, David Lee, is after her. Shortly after their arrival, both brothers are attacked separately by EVOs (people with supernatural abilities). Can the brothers figure out who is behind the attacks while keeping Nancy safe?

Timothy did an exceptional job of writing the scenes in this book, especially the action scenes. I liked that while reading the book, I could easily picture the events taking place.

I really liked that the book was packed with action and suspense. The number of twists in the book was quite surprising and fuelled my desire to continue reading. I also liked that the book contained a good bit of humour, which helped to lighten the effect of tense situations in the book.

The book's conclusion was one aspect I didn't like. I had anticipated a much more dramatic climax given the amount of tension that had built up until the last few pages. The book's ending also seemed inconclusive as one of the villains wasn't apprehended.

I also didn't like that different scenes in the same chapter weren't clearly separated, and this sometimes confused me while reading the book. A blank line served as the only means of separation between two distinct scenes. I believe there ought to have been a header stating that the narration was switching to a different scene.

I only found one error while reading, so I believe the book was professionally edited. I'll give this book a rating of three out of four stars. The ending, which I found unsatisfactory, is the reason I deducted a star.

I'll recommend this book to readers who like action novels and books with a superhero theme. This book is also recommended for readers looking for a casual, quick read. This book would have been perfect for teens if not for the inclusion of sexual content and the frequent use of profane language.

The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2: Dagger and Shadow Ninja in: Welcome to Las Vegas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Pilot Who Knows the Waters by N.L. Holmes

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Th book's title says it all that the book is action packed and suspenseful. The bond between the two brothers is superb and I hope they scale through. Wonderful review Welldone!!!
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 260%

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I am in awe of how well you have written this review. I like to read books about superheroes and this one seems to be very interesting so I’ve added to my reading list.
Thanks for the honest review.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

The Evolutionite Chronicles Book 2 is one book that has inspired me so much. I love the author's creativity. Great review.
Verified
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verified.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Verified »

Would love to know how the two brothers scaled through their obstacles. Great review
Anselm Freeman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anselm-freeman.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
2022 Reading Goal: 72
2022 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Anselm Freeman »

I love action packed novels filled with suspense. This made this book appealing to me. I wish the brothers found the killer's without jeopardising Nancy's safety.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
2022 Reading Goal: 24
2022 Goal Completion: 137%

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This book seems to captivate my attention from the summary. You gave a good account if it and I wish the siblings could keep Nancy safe while they investigate the perpetrators.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”