Review of Shitolian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Review of Shitolian

Post by Waliyat_24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shitolian" by O Persaud.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poems have always been a way for people to express themselves and their points of view. Poems have always been used to express pain, love, war, struggles, independence, and a variety of other emotions.

Shitolian is a collection of poems by O Persaud that expresses his rage and frustration with the world. It expresses his displeasure with greed, war, racism against black people, and hatred that have tainted society, particularly in the United States of America. The poem is an anthology of various poems that have a depth of wisdom. It's divided into five sections, each with a unique theme. Shitolian, the creator, the colony, punctuation, and writer's block are among them. The poems cover a wide range of topics, including God's love, happiness, strength, patience, and anger, to name a few. For example, the poem about the “spider” emphasizes human strength and resilience. One quality I admire in them is their perseverance and refusal to give up. That's what I got out of it, despite the fact that it's about an animal.

This poem may seem strange to someone new to the world of poetry because it ranges from emotional to humorous topics. “Hide and Seek” will make you feel the pain of black people who were enslaved, while the “punctuation” will throw you off-kilter. I like how it's set up like that. It distinguishes it from any other poem one has read.

I enjoy the poem's monotony as well. I thought the small letters and lack of punctuation were strange at first, but it turned out to be the author's style, and it was consistent throughout the book. I've always enjoyed novels or books that teach you one or two things. It gives you the impression that you did not waste your time or money. Here's a poem I really liked because it felt like it was directed at me. That is the “left”. It said, "Other people's opinions do not define me", as if it's okay to take a different path than everyone else.

On the other hand, while some poems are enjoyable or easy to understand, others are difficult to grasp. For example, I'm not sure what “elephant apocalypse” means.

According to the title, Shitolian, the book is extremely profane because the author went all out on this. As a result, I recommend it to poets and adults aged 16 and up. If you cringe at the use of profanity, you should probably avoid this.

I'll give this 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed reading the poem. It's very well edited. I found no errors. Similarly, I chose a quote about worry. It says, "Worry doesn't fill anything, especially your mind. It is what is digging the hole and causing the fall".

Shitolian
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

From the cover page, you will understand a bit of what the book is talking about. I must read this book to gain knowledge. Great review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 03:59 From the cover page, you will understand a bit of what the book is talking about. I must read this book to gain knowledge. Great review.
Thanks for your comment. You will find a thing or two to learn from this poem.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

Poetry really isn't one of my preferred genres. However, reading your review of this book and seeing how much you enjoyed it, I think I could also try to read it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

This is the most captivating book I ever read. The author shed knowledge on so many things that are not in the Bible. I will recommend all Christians to read this book because alot of insights are there. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”