Review of Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mehak_mattoo6
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehak-mattoo6.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review of Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Mehak_mattoo6 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is the seventh book in the Inca Cat Detective series.  

The Siberian cat, Inca, is the head of a detective agency in London. Her squad consists of two canines, one extremely intelligent hamster, and her cat siblings. In this story, the investigators become entangled in the case of an old sword and other costly items taken from a nearby museum while on vacation in Sri Lanka with the Inca's human mother. The heist was carried out by two robbers who pretended to be police officers after handcuffing the security guard in the basement. Inca begins putting the puzzle together to unravel the mystery of being the inquisitive cat that she is. Will Inca and her crew recover the stolen sword? Find out by reading the book.

Inca faces a variety of new challenges in Sri Lanka. She once got lost in the wilderness and came across a mother leopard and her two kids. A juvenile elephant named Meena, a turtle named Rani, a tiger, and some monkeys join her growing group of companions. Along with her family, Inca makes trips to tea plantations. This book covers the activities that occurred between June 10 and June 17 throughout their stay in Sri Lanka. Every entry in this journal includes the date and time of the events. It is very much like a diary. The majority of the young readers will be impressed by Inca's detective abilities and, to some extent, wish they had them. The young readers will feel a sense of unity as they see all these animals cooperating.

While following the characters on their vacation, the book makes an effort to reveal some of Sri Lanka's rich culture, which I found to be admirable. Children can also learn about several creatures in this book, including where they live and what they like to eat. Children will also get the chance to learn new terms as well. Young readers will surely love the short paragraphs and charming drawings scattered throughout the book's simple yet effective arrangement.

I surely loved the heated exchange between Inca and the python. It was the appropriate amount of suspense for the kids without being too frightening.

I could not find anything negative about this book. It has been written expertly, and I couldn't spot a single grammatical mistake in it.

Based on the reasons stated above, I give this book a score of 4 out of 4 stars

It is appropriate for kids between the ages of 7 and 12.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”