Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sydney Ash
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-ash.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Sydney Ash »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead, is written by a financial advisor with the primary goal of providing the reader with a plan of action for reorganizing their life. The book discusses the author’s concept of Reconfigurement Planning, which is basically learning to plan ahead for all events that could take place in life. While the overall idea of Reconfigurement remains constant, each chapter describes a different concept that goes along with it. Some of those concepts include income protection, budgeting, life insurance, social security, investing, retirement plans, health insurance, long-term care, college saving plans, and much more. The author goes into detail about the importance of each of these topics, what exactly each of them are, and how the reader can go about using them to benefit themselves. The author’s overall goal is to help educate the reader on a range of topics that can help them reconfigure their lives and plan ahead for their future.

I really enjoyed this book. Although the topics in the book are very complicated, the author did a great job making it as interesting as possible. The book goes into great detail about tax information, retirement plans, investment options, and types of insurance which can usually be very boring and confusing. However, Fleischauer makes these concepts easy to understand using stories and examples. I found myself very engaged throughout the entire book. Another thing I loved about the book was how helpful all of the tips the author gave were. The author provided suggestions and opinions for how to use each concept he talked about. I now feel really confident with what plans, insurance, and investment options are best for my goals. The best part about the author’s concept of Reconfiguration is that it can apply to anyone’s life, regardless of their age, income, or education.

There is not much about this book that I did not like. The concepts and topics described in this book are typically very boring. I thought the author did a good job keeping it as interesting as he could. There were a few instances, however, where the author might have gone a little overboard with his use of statistics. He lost me a few times when he went into too much detail or emphasized a certain topic for too long.

I would rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. My reasoning for this is because it was very professionally written, interesting and engaging to follow along with, and presented very beneficial information for me to utilize in my life. Other than a few minor grammatical errors, and some confusing storylines, this book is very well written.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in financial planning and preparing for their future. This book is a great resource to learn more about retirement planning, insurance policies, investment options, saving plans, and more. The author goes into great detail about types of all of these and how the reader can best use these to their advantage. If you are wanting to learn more about any of these topics or how to best reconfigure your life, I would highly recommend reading this!

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

At a point in time in life's journey there is a need to reconfigure and re-strategize. I like how the author simplified the complicated topics and I look forward to reading the book. Wonderful review, welldone!!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”