Review of Bombora

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Loice Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loice-kanini.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Bombora

Post by Loice Chris »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bombora" by Paul Drewitt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book is quite interesting and makes me as the reader eager to know what happens next every time something breathtaking happens. I love the fact that the author goes into depth about his life as a teenager without any filters . Every time i read a chapter i feel absorbed into the author's tiny world which is full of adventures, risks ,bonding with friends, rubbing shoulders with parents and trying out his luck with girls.

The positive aspect of the book is the fact that the author goes into depth while explaining the life of a typical teenager. The fact that his life is full of adventure and risk taking activities with friends makes it worth the reader's time. The book serves as a guideline to any teenager struggling to fit in and feeling lost at the same time. The author's ability to blend in with boys way beyond his social class is prove that no one is limited and that all it takes is perseverance .

The negative aspect of the book is the fact that the author betrays people he acknowledges as friends . The fact that this people took him in and helped him climb the social ladder yet he still betrays them.

I rate Bombora by Paul Drewitt three out of four. This is because the author does not go into depth with some of his experiences which are important to the novel.

I recommend this book to teenagers . This is because the author through his life experiences has made an effort of expounding on the things that teenagers go through. This novel majorly fits teenagers who have a hard time fitting in and figuring out their life as a whole.

Bombora
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have never been a teenage boy, but I had one. There seem to be lots of experiences that are common to boys no matter where they are from or their social class. I hope we raised our son to have more respect for others than Mr. DeWitt apparently had.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”