Review of Mystics of Fortune

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abdulafeez Hanizat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulafeez-hanizat.html
Latest Review: Mystics of Fortune by Mike J Carlozzi

Review of Mystics of Fortune

Post by Abdulafeez Hanizat »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mystics of Fortune" by Mike J Carlozzi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

...There was an event, the Event; that made a few people develop mysterious power on earth. These people are called Mystics and are seen as hope for humanity until a war among the mystics causes them to be seen as unsafe. These mystics are exiled to planet Ojult. That was in the past. At present, Ojult is now considered a prison yard for all sorts of lawbreakers. Jayden vaut now finds himself on a plane head to Ojult despite being a non-mystic.Elausus Reeves, with family heritage and power, believes in profit more than anything. He is willing to stop at nothing to protect his corporation even if it is his daughter. Syrus Tokarek, a mystics leader doesn't believe in power and tries to steer clear of the power struggles among mystics but Reeves people kept poking their noses in his business.With war looming ahead, Jayden Vaut got caught in the middle of this conspiracy and had to fight his way out to survive...

Mystics of fortune is one fantastic read. The plot is well-detailed. Mike J. Carlozzi did a great job building such fiction so well that I could not help but gasp at the vividness of the characters. What intrigues me is that all the characters seem to fit in one very large jigsaw puzzle you are unlikely to notice you are filling until you are just at the last chapter. All the characters are built in a way that they all have a special role to play in the book.

Another positive aspect of the book is the prologue. The prologue was so detailed that I didn't have much trouble navigating through the book with so many foreign words.

For the negative aspect, I encountered a few errors while reading the book. I could not help but notice the details on the violence were a tad bit higher than normal. The fine details on torture might want to make you hurl. Still, the mystic of fortune would not have stirred my emotion and interest so much. The book had ended with more questions and gaps on my jigsaw puzzle. This should indicate that mystics of fortune is the premier to a series.

This book is made for those who like to slip into a storyline and enjoy the flow. If you are the type that likes a fast-paced story that you want to be done with it within like two hours, mystics of fortune is probably not for you. I call upon all lovers of sci-fi fantasy riddled with action, Mystics of fortune is here for you.

I rate this book three out of four stars. This book could have gotten a perfect four stars if it had not abruptly left one curious about what happens next.

Mystics of Fortune
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

In reality, and especially looking ahead, it’s hard to determine who the “good guys” are. What if the people of Earth made a mistake? What if Mr. Reeves is the kind of person you want to steer clear of?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”