Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammarah-azhar-1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2719

Review of Man Mission

Post by Ammarah Azhar Khan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is about four friends who take a trip every year to an exotic place, mainly to challenge themselves and to escape from the grind of daily life. Along the course of their journey, they settle down and get themselves great jobs, despite all the hurdles life throws at them. Along the way, they challenge themselves with hiking on the Harper’s Pass trail in New Zealand; cycling from Tokyo to Nîgata in Japan; kayaking on the Murray River in Australia; surviving in the wilderness in South Africa, and many other seemingly impossible adventures. 
With his excellent story-telling abilities, Eytan Uliel has the ability to cast a spell on the reader. Because of his excellent writing, the reader misidentifies himself as the character. It connects with the readers as it fulfills the innate wish of readers to explore the world around them while escaping the restraints of reality. It gives your imagination wings and brings out the dreamer in every person. This book, I think, is the embodiment of courage for dreamers like us, who, even while facing difficulties at each and every step of the journey, never quit. They always find loopholes in the situation to persist. This type of consistency requires courage and willpower.
The language of the book is simple and easy to understand as if the book is speaking directly to the reader. I could not find any grammatical mistakes in the book. Even with all the adventures, the story progressed seamlessly. There are not many books on the market that are solely written from a man’s perspective, which is pretty disappointing. I think the most important message in this book was that no matter the cost, find something that makes your soul happy because that is the secret to a life with no regrets. 
The only thing I did not like about this book was the format. The format was very bad. It was hard on my eyes. The font size was very small and it was difficult to read. 
I give this book 3 stars out of 4 stars. If it were not for the format, it would have been a 4 star book.
I would recommend this book to people who are looking for inspiration to explore the world such as the curious minds seeking adventure and euphoria; the dreamers; and those who are bound by reality. I would like to recommend this book to female readers. It will definitely help them to understand life from the perspective of a man. 

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’ve read several reviews of this book and you are the first to mention the formatting. I’m glad you did. Things like that really bother me. I think that it’s really impportant to challenge yourself regularly. Mr.Uriel and is friends do that.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This certainly looks like an exciting book. I have read a sample, featuring the New Zealand hike, and I agree that the author is a great storyteller. I wonder if any ladies would dare a Woman Mission and write about it.
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Currently Reading:

Miriam Molina wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 21:55 This certainly looks like an exciting book. I have read a sample, featuring the New Zealand hike, and I agree that the author is a great storyteller. I wonder if any ladies would dare a Woman Mission and write about it.
I wish …. I would definitely read and review on it
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Currently Reading:

Amy Luman wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:58 I’ve read several reviews of this book and you are the first to mention the formatting. I’m glad you did. Things like that really bother me. I think that it’s really impportant to challenge yourself regularly. Mr.Uriel and is friends do that.
I am glad to have you on the same page. Tribal things make such a big difference , many people take such things for granted.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read the book and I enjoyed it. Your review was honest and great. Welldone!!!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Besides the adventures themselves, an aspect I appreciated was experiencing them written from a man’s perspective.
Thank you for your take on this read.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”