Review of Shine a Light

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Baby Faustina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baby-faustina.html
Latest Review: Shine a Light by Nicky Corcoran

Review of Shine a Light

Post by Baby Faustina »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shine a Light" by Nicky Corcoran.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poets are known to be filled with emotions and, thus, best express their emotions through writing. Nicky Corcoran is no exception. In a bid to share her thoughts, knowledge, and life experience, she made her own creation. A 67-page book, containing 26 poems immediately followed by their descriptions.

Shine a Light by Nicky Corcoran is a book of certain life experiences. Contained in it are various poems full of emotions and thoughts of one who has just embarked on life's long journey; one who has just started to crawl. Having had enough of life's best courses from experience, she begins to see different aspects of life in a unique way. The author of this book wishes to share with her readers her thoughts and knowledge of love and life.

The first poem in this book, "Adolescence," caught my attention. Reading it created a mental picture of myself, in my own space, reading my diary. As I read through it, I could relate to every stanza. It was like a flashback. This goes without saying that every individual that approaches the adolescence stage in the growth process gets caught up in its spider web. This needs a lot of physical, mental, and psychological preparation, and in my opinion, every growing child, especially a girl child, should be put through and assisted with this stage of life.

I love the book's simplicity and the author's way of relating the various poems together. Nicky shone her light in her views of Christmas Day, the Butterfly, Happiness, Relaxation, Summer holiday, Tomcat, Adolescence, Menopause, and Our World, which I cherished the most in her poems. These are in no way alien to what we experience in our lives and space. I appreciate the description that comes with every poem, as it improved my understanding of the poems. I also find this book motivational. I had a sense of motivation as I came across the poems; Come out, The Paras, and Let me tell you about true love. There is a lot to learn for those that read this book.

After reading this book, I have high hopes that it gets to many individuals who would appreciate it and contribute their quota to bringing positivity to the world. However, in the course of reading the book, I found a lot of errors in it, which affected and slowed down my reading pace. Although I do appreciate its content and uniqueness, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to individuals who love poems that deal with real-life experiences.

Shine a Light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”