Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Hogwarts03 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John. K. Danenbarger is a gritty and dark thriller comprising of murders, relationships, mysteries, and lies. Spanning about sixty years, this incredibly suspenseful book follows eight main characters across separate timelines who are all intertwined in a tangle of mystery and deceit.

The story starts with Geena, one of the main characters, as she receives the news of the death of her father from her friend Joe. The narrative suddenly jumps to the past and follows a younger Beth, who is Geena's mother, and Joe. We encounter hidden and dark pasts, intentional secrets, other main characters, and how factors such as murder, deception, prostitution, and lies serve as a connection for all the characters.

The author wove an incredible and intricate story. I loved it. I enjoyed the diverse characterization of the novel. Each character had a different and unique past and story to tell. From a child murderer to a gay stripper who used reading to escape reality, all the characters were crafted in an incredibly complex and nuanced manner that made me enjoy reading about them. A good example of this characterization is Kevin Nuss. He's a psychopathic murderer who greatly enjoys killing but will do anything to keep the people that he loves around him safe. I also loved how the book's quantum aspect was explained easily and understandably through Martin, a quantum physicist who is also Joe's lover. Lastly I have to mention how much I enjoyed the subtle hints dropped throughout each character's story by the author which allowed me, as the reader, to piece together the puzzle at the same rate as the book was going.

There was nothing I outwardly disliked about this book except the fact that the large amount of characters with different timelines and backstories got quite confusing. I spent the first few chapters of the novel confused and had to refer to past chapters quite a bit. However, once I got the hang of the writing, it became easier to understand and read.

This book contains mentions and instances of prostitution, murder, and abuse. It also contains an amount of profanity and sexual content, hence I would advise only the adult readers to pick up this book.

I found no glaring errors. In fact I found no errors and would declare this book to be professionally edited. I give it 4 out of 4 stars in the hope that future readers will enjoy it as much as I did.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”