Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie Hopping
Currently Reading: The Flower Boat Girl
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-connie-hopping.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Connie Hopping »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement -Quantum and Otherwise by John K. Danenbarger is an engaging drama about the twists and turns of life and how the people in our lives are connected. The story begins with a tragedy, the death of Geena’s father. She learns of this tragedy from a close family friend, Joe. The story then goes into the past to reveal the love and friendship found between Beth, Geena’s mother, and Joe. Their friendship lasts for many years, even as they are separated by distance. The story then branches out to Kevin- Beth’s future husband, their two children, Geena and Davis, as well as Martin- Joe’s future partner.
What I liked most about this book was the way the author “introduced” the characters. Each of the main characters were given a full chapter. I was able to get to know each one, see all of the good and the bad that have happened in their lives, and see how these events shaped their relationships with each other. I also liked that the introductions were not necessarily linear, what at first looked like a character had jumped the queue, was a needed back story for the main events in the story. This added to the intrigue of where the character would be in the grand scheme of events.
I found no real negatives within the book. I did find a few words challenging, however, once I looked up the definition, I was able to add these new words for my own vocabulary. The characters ll had good points and bad points. Kevin was a character that I really wanted to dislike, he seemed to have a very loose sense of right and wrong. The more I learned about his past and the life events that shaped him, the more I understood why his moral compass was so far off and in the end, I even felt compassion for him.
This story was well written and well edited, I found no grammatical or spelling errors. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars, the plot was intricate and filled with the emotions of life, it kept me wondering what will be on the next chapter and how will the characters be entangled with each other.
I recommend this book for lovers of mystery, life, and science. There is sexual content, drug use and homicide so I do recommend this for adults.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”