Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Kasun Perera »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt like the scientific evidence and theories do not go hand in hand with what you have heard about The Creation? Have you ever felt the need to find some reconciliation between science and your religious beliefs? Then this is the book for you, The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.

As per this book, God is real. And His doings, including creating the earth and life on it, are real. All these are perfectly backed up by science. But at some points science cannot answer some questions, because they do not have a logical explanation, rather than they have been purely the God's doings. So, if the history which is given in the Bible and other religious scriptures is true, is the end of the world too is a reality? What should we do to either prevent it or to survive from it?

Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon have done a lot of research before writing this book, so the content included are really convincing. The writing was simple, and the content was well arranged according to a chronological order. The references are linked with hyperlinks, which I have not seen in many books, and it was really helpful to go directly to a reference while reading in comparison to turning pages all the way to the end. What I liked most is the inclusion of fictional stories and dialogues within the serious research stuff, which helped to break the monotonous flow and make the book more interesting.

The book was edited exceptionally well, and I found no errors. The author has been kind enough to include relevant maps, images, and even flow charts and tables to enhance the understanding of the reader. Although I do not personally believe in the God or His creation, I can heartily rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars because there were no negative points (or things that I disliked) to point out objectively.

I would like to recommend this book to those who believe in God, and are in need of modern scientific data that can back their beliefs. I think it is necessary to have a basic knowledge in Christian teachings to understand the content better. So if you are clueless about the biblical teachings, or if you get annoyed by 'creation-related' stuff, then it is better for you to steer away from this one. But I think this suits to anyone with an open mind who love to read scholarly work.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I have always thought of the tension that exist between science and religion. Seeing a book reconcile these too was nice. Interesting review.
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Judy46 wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 08:51 I have always thought of the tension that exist between science and religion. Seeing a book reconcile these too was nice. Interesting review.
Yes, the author has attempted a reconciliation, although it is not perfect. Thank you for stopping by.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I liked this book very much. Readers interested in the modern neo-creationism and its many theories should start from this amazing account, in my opinion. Thank you very much for this great and insightful review!
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Ellylion wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 05:01 I liked this book very much. Readers interested in the modern neo-creationism and its many theories should start from this amazing account, in my opinion. Thank you very much for this great and insightful review!
Yes, this one is good for those who wish to see scientific evidence related to the creation. Thank you for your kind appreciation.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”