Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is a non-fiction account of the adventures of Tina, her husband, Peter, and her two sons, Adam and Warren. The family decides to travel to South Africa to have new experiences and pleasurable moments in their lives. The adventures begin when Tina and her family fly to South Africa to collect a new boat, which they use to sail back to the Bahamas. They have wonderful experiences on their journey. Love stories, dunes, colourful images, and beautiful sunsets are just a few of these interesting moments on their trip. As they voyage back to the Bahamas through the Atlantic Ocean, she writes about their expedition, discloses her private life, and receives emotional healing in the process. It is discovered that she had initially undergone some painful women-related challenges before the journey, but she had been determined to overcome them in her walkabout.

Bluewater Walkabout is a fantastic motivational piece that shows Tina's determination and courage to believe in her dreams and refuses to be caged by other people's ideas and opinions. In her memoir, it is perceived that she could overcome physical, environmental and mental challenges. She also has the wisdom and strength to bring her family together in love. She is courageous enough to disclose her secret life and, in the end, possesses an optimism that many people struggle to attain. This is one of the most inspiring and captivating memoirs I have ever read. I genuinely enjoyed the book's storyline because it had a lot of adventurous parts that captured my interest till the very end. Her description of the various places they travelled through is simply alluring and easy to understand. It opens the reader's senses to explore. She balances her adventure with an adequate amount of self-analysis, philosophy and meditation about parenting. This, in turn, leaves the reader at the peak of their imagination. Many will want to emulate the author's lifestyle as documented here because it is brilliant and pleasant. What made the memoir more enjoyable were the different encounters they had with the wildlife at sea.

This book is for you if you like reading memoirs that deal with adventure, travelling, and sailing. The author touches on many aspects in the book—travel, adventure, redemption, love, and relationships. Her writing style is exceptional, straightforward and relaxing. I found it adorable as I read about the dolphins' surprise visit. I was glued to the book as I read that part. I can relate to her happy moment during the unexpected visit. The author's adventurous spirit has so inspired me that I have begun to rethink my present lifestyle, and I am motivated to go for new life experiences. If you feel you have an adventurous spirit but lack courage and motivation, I recommend reading this book.

My favourite part is the dolphins' surprise visit. I imagined being with them at that beautiful experience, I have come across many memoirs, but this one has changed my perspective on life and travel. The author's writing style made me feel I was present with them on the journey. I did not see any negative things in the book. It is detailed and professionally edited. I only found one error in the book.

I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because it is an inspiring memoir that examines approaches to adventures, redemption, and relationships. I learned a lot from the book. I recommend the book to lovers of memoirs and people who feel discouraged from gathering new experiences.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Judy46 »

I enjoyed reading this book because there were plenty adventures. I also enjoyed reading your review. Great work.
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

This adventure book left me glued for quite sometime. I loved the dolphins part too.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by SunVixen »

Traveling by sea and meeting dolphins can be very interesting.

Thanks for the great review!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:

Judy46 wrote: 04 Jun 2022, 10:59 I enjoyed reading this book because there were plenty adventures. I also enjoyed reading your review. Great work.
Thanks alot
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:

Ibunyi wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 01:24 This adventure book left me glued for quite sometime. I loved the dolphins part too.
Thanks for your comment
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:

SunVixen wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 04:22 Traveling by sea and meeting dolphins can be very interesting.

Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for stopping by
Judyread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyread.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 22%

Post by Judyread »

I just finished reading it and I must say that it is one good book about travelling. I love how the author went on to narrate in details everything that happened.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:

Judyread wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 05:51 I just finished reading it and I must say that it is one good book about travelling. I love how the author went on to narrate in detail everything that happened.
Thanks for your comment I do appreciate.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 637
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Shadow: The Moonracer Chronicles by T. August Green
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I thought walkabouts were solo activities. Anyway, I’d be interested in knowing how she got two teenage boys interested. I had one of my own and he seemed to be constantly rolling his eyes at any suggestion of doing something with his father and I.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: A Witch Is Born by Phillip Martin

Post by Prisallen »

I love traveling, but I don't think I am brave enough to go off on my own like that. I don't have enough skill or self-confidence to pull that off. However, I think I would love to read about it. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:

Prisallen wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 09:12 I love traveling, but I don't think I am brave enough to go off on my own like that. I don't have enough skill or self-confidence to pull that off. However, I think I would love to read about it. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Thanks for your sincere comments.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:

Amy Luman wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 08:44 I thought walkabouts were solo activities. Anyway, I’d be interested in knowing how she got two teenage boys interested. I had one of my own and he seemed to be constantly rolling his eyes at any suggestion of doing something with his father and I.
Thanks for your comment. I appreciate
MsH2k
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Are We the United States of America?
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Into the Gathering Clouds by Dorchelle Spence

Post by MsH2k »

The author sounds like a brave woman indeed. I admire the beauty and serenity of the ocean, but I don't think I would have the courage to take this trip in a catamaran. Thank you for a lovely review.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”