Review of Deviancy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nobert Orucho
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nobert-orucho.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Deviancy

Post by Nobert Orucho »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Deviancy" by Rose Linderman, Psy.D..]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Just at the end of the first chapter, an owl is softly hooting. This symbolizes an omen of death in Rockford city. Ann Tolbar and her neighbor Joan Frye have been killed. This is what Deviancy by Rose Linderman is all about. Outrageous and baroque cases of missing people are reported day in and day out. Some people conduct funerals for their missing people while others remain hopeful that they will find their loved ones alive someday. Can it be true that no one in Rockford city knows where these people are vanishing to? The answer is no.

Deviancy majorly follows the lives of two individuals. A forensic psychologist, Dr. Susan Kasson, and a cemetery worker who goes by the name Willis Weller. Dr. Susan is frequently bestowed duties by the court to confirm whether criminals can be subjected to court. Willis Weller is a hardworking cemetery worker who turns out to be a murder suspect when his boss, Milton Beardsley, is confirmed dead some days after being reported missing. Willies who seems to be least suspected among the interviewed cemetery workers later resigns and begins moving from country to country while hiding his true identity. Can he be knowing the whereabouts of the missing Rockford city residents? Will the people who are after him annihilate or will he emerge the victor? Read Deviancy.

I liked that the book was very educational and informative. I was able to learn a lot as far as the work of a forensic psychologist is concerned. The author has practiced as a forensic psychologist for decades. She has decided to educate and entertain people using her knowledge in the field. I liked how she carried out her interviews and made conclusions as to whether the suspects were able to stand the court charges or not. I was also able to learn how the crematory process is done and how funeral home workers go about their duties. The author also used dramatic irony so well that I continuously wondered whether other characters were going to discover the truth I already knew.

Unfortunately, I found something to dislike. The chapters were so many and had no titles. This got me confused sometimes. I suggest that it could have been either divided into parts with titles or the many chapters could have been titled. A one-hundred-page book with fifty-three chapters did not look good to me.

I found a few errors and believed that the book was professionally edited. I accord this book a final rating of three out of four stars. I have deducted a star because of my misgiving mentioned in the previous paragraph.

I recommend this book to anyone yearning to know the duties of a forensic psychologist and how the duties are carried out. Do you want to know the crematory process without visiting a crematorium? This is your book too.

Deviancy
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”