Review of Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy Baridi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-baridi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)

Post by Joy Baridi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)" by Peter Liptak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition) is a resourceful book packed with over 300 idioms that every Chinese student of the English language will find helpful. These idioms will help you learn about American culture. It will also help you strengthen your English language skills and use of idioms. Peter Liptak does not only write out these idioms, their meaning, and their translation into traditional Chinese. He also does a great job of teaching you exactly how you should use them. We all know that context matters a lot when it comes to idioms. In addition to teaching about the contexts, he provided examples and exercises to help facilitate learning.

One of the things that endear this book to my heart is the straightforwardness of each lesson. This means that you will need only a couple of minutes a day to learn some idioms you will find helpful. What I liked the most about this is despite being short, these lessons are rich and helpful to whoever chooses to use them in their conversations.

Another thing that I noticed and found myself liking was its simplicity. Peter Liptak made this book as simple as he possibly could. There were no heavy words that would require you to consult a dictionary to understand what the author was saying. The exercises came in the form of puzzles and short questions. They are also stories at the end of each chapter. These stories came with questions that the reader will have to answer. I am happy with this feature because it will keep the readers’ minds engaged. After all, they say that practice helps you perfect a skill.

This book contains a little bit over 300 idioms. This means that it is not a voluminous book. I am amazed that this small book packs so much relevance for everyone that reads it. I cannot say that I found anything wrong with it. Although the drawings were a bit off-putting to me (they were very cartoonish), they slowly grew on me. So I did not dislike anything.

I recommend Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition) to everyone who has always considered learning North American idiomatic expressions. Furthermore, I give special recommendations to Chinese-speaking students and teachers who are actively in the process of learning the English language and English idioms.

Because I liked all of this wonderful book titled Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition), I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I honestly think that this book should go on to win awards in a special category carved out for books about idioms. This is not just because it was edited exceptionally well and is totally free of grammatical errors. Peter Liptak wrote it in such a way that even children would have an easy time learning from it.

Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Trad. Chinese Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”