Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Review of Man Mission

Post by honeybear_11001 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a book about four men who schedule a trip to travel the world and discover new places once every year. The protagonist is a lawyer who met his best friend Sam in law school. At first, he thought Sam to be a spoilt private school kid. However, when they attended the food fair together, they bonded and shared their dreams to travel and discover different cuisines.

Three years passed, and the protagonist was working at an entry-level desk job at a law firm. Sam suddenly suggested that they travel the world as promised. Conveniently enough, his friend had a free week ahead, and that was the birth of 'Man Mission.' The two incorporated their two friends later on and had fun traveling together. They visited places such as New Zealand, Tokyo, and Australia. Moreover, as the years passed, they got married and had kids, and the book dives into all of these.

What I loved most about the book was the sarcasm and humor in the characters' dialogue. This made the book enjoyable and fun to read. I also love that the book does not only cover their trips but also builds upon their family lives outside of the traveling. Through this, a reader can be able to relate to the book. For example, their partners were not always approving of the travel, and when Rachel was pregnant, she did not want to be alone.

However, there was one thing that I did not like about the book. For instance, when the author described the woman that Alec was with as a "random bimbo." This felt condescending, and it is a general stereotype. I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a perfect rating because I was not satisfied with the writing since it did not captivate me enough. I also did not like the somewhat misogynistic actions of the characters. For example, when the men used Daniel's daughter's pink bracelet to represent weakness while making each other wear it if someone committed an act that they deemed embarrassing. The book seemed professionally edited since I did not find any errors.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read about new places and travel. It would also suit people looking for an adventurous read. However, I would caution readers that this book contains descriptive text about animal slaughter. I would not discourage any group of people from reading the book.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Wow, this is a fantastic review. Man mission is a fascinating and educative book. Nice review.
Judyread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyread.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Judyread »

One of the best books anyone would about men and friendship. I hope anyone who reads this book as much as I did.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This is a wonderful book about friendship and adventure. The men visit numerous places and acquire new experiences.
Poetic Justice
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I haven’t read this book, but it seems like I ought to. These men have fun traveling around the world and trying new things together. It is unfortunate for them tat their partners are not always supportive, but many unknown things may be happening.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

I have read this book too and I really enjoyed it. It felt refreshing to see things from the male perspective. I enjoyed the author’s honesty and the humor this whole story was infused with. Fantastic book!
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

Traveling round the world is one of those things I really want to do before I turn 35. Thank you for your detailed and interesting review
honeybear_11001
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Dera Okeke wrote: 27 May 2022, 10:16 Wow, this is a fantastic review. Man mission is a fascinating and educative book. Nice review.
Thanks. Im glad you like it.
CL Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cl-reviews.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by CL Reviews »

books with humour and sarcasm sound to be a good read. your review was lovely and magnificently written
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

Reading adventurous books is my source of happiness, and this one sounds like one. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for providing this insightful overview of the book.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I agree with your assessment about the pink bracelet. I felt the same way when I read the book.
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

This is a book with well packed adventure. When I read it, I was intrigued by it. I felt like I had joined them on their missions. I also love the way you detailed your review.
honeybear_11001

Judyread wrote: 28 May 2022, 03:40 One of the best books anyone would about men and friendship. I hope anyone who reads this book as much as I did.
Enjoys it or what?😅
honeybear_11001

Sarah1738 wrote: 28 May 2022, 15:52 This is a wonderful book about friendship and adventure. The men visit numerous places and acquire new experiences.
Yes, it is. Thanks.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I do love to travel, so I think I would enjoy reading this book. Thanks for an informative and interesting review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”