Review of Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luv Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luv-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel

Review of Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee

Post by Luv Emmanuel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee" by David Casentini.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Molly wanted nothing more than to have a pony right now. Her parents loved her so much, so they did the most logical thing they could do at the moment. They bought her a pony, which she named Sir Wallace McGee. These two met and practically fell in love, but it would be a long journey ahead for Sir Wallace McGee. As a skinny little horse who could not measure up to the strength and speed of his older counterparts, he would have to decide what he would do to live his life to the fullest. The story that David Casentini tells in Molly’s New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee is a story about friendship and perseverance. It is a story about supporting those you love when they need your support. It is only a few pages long, but it will leave a lasting mark on the minds of its readers.

One of the things I liked about Molly’s New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee was how short and straight to the point it was. The amazing thing was that this short story taught me an important lesson, a lesson to encourage those who are weak. My kind words may be the fuel that a person requires to power through life. This truth was simple yet powerful. It was what I liked the most in Molly’s New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee.

In my opinion, the author could have done better in putting this book together. I say this because I noted some things I did not like in the book. The first was how scattered the content of the book was. I got the PDF version, and I noticed that the arrangement was somewhat off. The main story started on the same page as the dedication. It seemed out of place to me. I saw that sentences were cut-off, but I guess this is a product of a chosen writing style rather than a mistake.

Last, on the issue of dislikes, my least liked thing about the book was the lack of pictures present in the book. I understand that the target audience of this book is kids, so how can a short book meant for kids not have images? It is one thing for the author to choose to write the story in a flowing method without breaking (inserting images). However, it is another thing for space to be provided for pictures and still end up being blank. The latter was the case in this book. I was disappointed. I want to believe that this is the case for just the PDF I got and not for those uploaded on Amazon kindle.

I liked Molly’s New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee only to an extent. It was exceptionally well-edited. It is just sad that the author made avoidable mistakes in the book. Because of these mistakes, my enjoyment of the book was greatly affected. I rate it 2 out of 4 stars. This makes me sad because the content of this book is awesome. On that note, I recommend it to anybody, both young and old, who wants a short poetry-like book that teaches the importance of friendship and positivity. However, I think that the younger readers will appreciate this more.

Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Ava Flips by Ava Nebel

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”