Review of Seeing with Fresh Eyes

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Frank Shaba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-shaba.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Seeing with Fresh Eyes

Post by Frank Shaba »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Seeing with Fresh Eyes" by John W. Bullock.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book is generally about author’s discovery on the teachings of the Bible. The author explains and teaches people to understand the scripture critically by reading between the lines. The book explains scripture in a critical manner beyond the mere look and surface understanding of the words. In his own words, the author states that ‘seeing is harder than looking’. The book emphasizes on seeing the heart of God in the scripture rather than just looking at what people want to find or what they have been trained to find. The books focuses on helping people to take a new look on God’s plans and purpose in their lives. John Bullock uses scriptures throughout the book to illustrate on how people perceive and understand the scripture. These illustrations are used to teach people to see and understand the scripture beyond what is written or how they are trained to see.
Seeing with fresh eyes is of great importance because it teaches on seeing things critically beyond our usual perception. The author focuses on that seeing is harder than looking. The teachings of this book is essential in changing people’s perception of things in their daily lives. New perception of things in our daily lives can help people to find new way of solving problems, maintain relationships and improving themselves in different aspects of their lives.
However, in several pages the author puts larger extractions of the Bible when explaining the scripture. For instance, when the author was explaining about the creation of woman on page 20 he copied the scripture from Genesis 2 from verse 18 to 25 and pasted in this book. Similarly, on page 107 the book has the scripture of John 18 from verses 29 to 35. I believe pasting of large scripture in the book was inappropriate. Perhaps, John Bullock would only put the verses in the book and let readers refer in the Bible on their own.
I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I give this rating because I have found few errors in this book. Moreover, I find it inappropriate to put large scripture extractions in the book, (explained above).
I strongly recommend this book to people who are going through financial, relationship or career hardships. This book can help a person to realize solutions which he or she was not recognizing. This can happen because the book comprises of mindset changing ideas that can help a people to take new look over things in their lives.
This book was professionally edited because I encountered no errors.

Seeing with Fresh Eyes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”