Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Montoya 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-montoya-2.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Mary Montoya 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD, is a detailed guide of natural ways to find relief from everyday anxiety and stress. Dr. Kinrys reviews a variety of natural treatments such as; wellness apps, herbal remedies, relaxation techniques, and nutrition. The management of anxiety and stress is nothing new, however, this book is unique in the fact that it focuses on natural remedies. The information is presented in a simple format, making the ideas easily digestible and quick to implement. There is a quick reference guide included, making it easy to review information.

This book is structured in a way that makes it easy to read and follow the suggestions. Dr. Kinrys first introduces the definition of anxiety and stress and then explains common symptoms associated with it. He then dives into natural remedies and how to use them to manage anxiety and stress. This is a book that serves as an informative guide for individuals looking for natural remedies to relieve symptoms of anxiety and stress. As someone who personally deals with anxiety on a daily basis, the coping mechanisms detailed in this book align with recommendations I have received from different sources.

This is a well-edited book. I was unable to find any grammar errors. The only thing that I did notice was spacing issues, however, that could be due to a formatting software. This book shares knowledge and expertise that is straight to the point and insightful. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars

One of my favorite things about this book is that the author makes it very realistic for individuals to manage their anxiety symptoms and find relief without resorting to pharmaceutical solutions. Individuals presenting with symptoms of anxiety are usually offered medication as a first and only option to manage their symptoms. This book was a practical way to demonstrate options other than medication.

I also liked that this book didn’t focus heavily on the scientific world of anxiety, and instead gave readers practical ideas to immediately implement in everyday life. It is a guide for someone that is looking for information presented in a way that they are able to pick up the book and glean information quickly without having to pick through the science behind each solution.

The part of the book that I liked least was the section that went over a variety of technology-based therapies. The different options that were discussed were; virtual reality, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and biofeedback. These options need to be administered by medical professionals, and therefore, are more difficult to implement independently. It did not seem to fit with the rest of the book that had practical at-home resources.

I think this book would be a good resource for adults who have experienced or are currently experiencing stress and anxiety. This book is easy to understand and to implement. Those who have been disappointed when seeking out medical advice on dealing with anxiety will find it a helpful guide for natural means to combat stress and anxiety.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”