Review of Hattie Vavaseur

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tory Munyandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tory-munyandi.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Review of Hattie Vavaseur

Post by Tory Munyandi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Hattie Vavaseur" by M. Rebecca Wildsmith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hattie Vavaseur is a paranormal novel about a sixety-three-year-old woman by the name of Hattie Vavaseur. The book begins with Hattie attending a funeral. To her surprise, she cannot recognize anyone at the funeral. She does not even know whose funeral it is. At the end of the funeral, a chauffeur whisks Hattie away to a mysterious mansion. The house is run down and looks like no one has possessed it for years. Hattie has no idea where she is, whose house it belongs to, or what she is doing there. Upon arrival, she meets the master of the house. The master of the house seems cold and arrogant.

Hattie is determined to find out why she is at the mansion; however, she is too proud to ask any of the servants. She does not want to let anyone know that she has lost her memory because she fears that people will look down on her. In order to learn about her past, Hattie accepts help from a local psychic named Vamelda. From Vamelda, Hattie learns that she is a ghost and the funeral she just attended was actually her own. Will Hattie be able to regain her memory?

There were so many things I loved about the novel. Firstly, I loved how the story unraveled. At the beginning of the book, there were so many unknowns about Hattie and the mysterious master of the house. As the story unfolded, I got to learn a bit more about the characters. The author, M. Rebecca Wildsmith, has a remarkable way of developing characters. She makes it easy for the reader to picture the characters and develop a relationship with them. My favorite character was Vamelda. I was instantly drawn to her dramatic and humorous personality. Secondly, I loved how unpredictable the story was. I could never tell what was going to happen next. I also loved the choice of vocabulary. The use of old-fashioned, formal English captured the essence of the era in which the story was set.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I loved that in the midst of all the chaos, the characters found time for romance. There was absolutely nothing that I disliked about the book.

I did not find any errors. The book was exceptionally edited and the plot was well executed. I give it a score of 4 out of 4 stars; it deserves nothing less.

I highly recommend this book to readers who love mystery with a dash of romance. Those interested in reading this book should be aware that there are some chapters that contain episodes of violence. Overall, Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith is a great book that many readers will enjoy.

Hattie Vavaseur
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Romantic books get you glued up on reading and flipping the pages. I enjoyed reading your review.
Poetic Justice

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”