Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tasha _marie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasha-marie.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Tasha _marie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute is an insightful book by Jeff Meyer, a renowned minister who throughout his life has been sparking leaders to dream without fear and eventually pursue their mission.

The book is based on how a person can achieve their dreams and ambitions audaciously. It is divided into two parts which are, dream sparks and realization. In the first part dream sparks, the author writes about how people can access their dreams through the creator. This involves making Jesus a point of reference and peace of mind. The book points out that once a dream has been sparked, the way will be marked out as long as people fix their eyes on Jesus. It acknowledges that dreams come from the creator and therefore human beings should build a relationship with the creator. In the second part which is realization strategies, the author writes about daily practices that people should adopt to make dreams a reality. This is by being intentional about daily practices that redirect the mind and heart.

What I like about the book is that it’s based on scripture, especially in the first part. My favorite verse from the book is 1 John 3:1 which talks about how much God loves humans that he calls them his children. However, people who belong to this world don’t recognize that they are God’s children because they don’t know him. It is important as human beings to entrust God every step of the way. I also like the author’s belief that a plan begins with an overwhelming desire to make things happen. At the end of a chapter, the author writes on practices that the reader can apply to make every lesson practicable. This includes how to read, write and apply scripture.

I can’t point out anything I don’t like about the book. It is highly practical and full of lessons individuals can apply every day. The author has deeply invested in the book and his deep understanding of the book can be felt while reading it. It challenged my assumptions and gave me insights I didn’t have before.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it has been professionally edited. I did not come across any grammatical errors. It is also simple and easy to read and keeps the reader engaged from the beginning to the end.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”