Review of Building A Coaching Culture

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review of Building A Coaching Culture

Post by Bettny Andrade »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Building A Coaching Culture" by Andreas Von Der Heydt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt is a book focused on cultivating a culture of teaching, so that companies reflect on the benefit of providing a primary focus on training their employees for their personal development and leadership; in such a way that they are encouraged to use their strengths from day one. In the same way, it tries to show that coaches, managers and team leaders must see the potential of their employees, being more empathic, knowing them and helping to motivate them. But it also focuses on the fact that as a manager you can be a better leader, improve your skills and give your knowledge of your subordinates so that everything flows in the best possible way, and the objectives and goals set for the team are achieved. All this, looking for the best and greatest efficiency and effectiveness in such a way that it adjusts to current times.

This book is a complete investigation of a doctoral thesis on the different stages to capture the most relevant aspects of training new employees of companies and their leaders, breaking down each part from the selection of participants, their interviews, the development of the proposal and finally details the results found. Everything to gather all the possible information about the subject and capture it in this text, since there is not so much updated theory that supports or covers everything from different points of view and with first-hand information obtained directly from those involved (coachee and coach).

I particularly love research topics and this one presents a very interesting one, which is rarely well developed and explained. It has a very good presentation, broken down by chapters and each part has a short introduction that gives a broad overview of what it will deal with, and a closing in conclusion mode so that there is no diversion from each topic, and everything is very well planned. For all those who like research topics, from the proposal to the final result, I recommend it, since it is a detailed and very well accomplished investigation. My favorite part was the critical reflection, because there the author speaks from his point of view, how the theme was executed and everything it represented; It also highlights the importance of merit, commitment and authenticity in a work team, having a focus on personal development and leadership. It can be seen that there is a lot of effort and dedication from all parties involved throughout the execution, although for those who are not enthusiastic about development issues, it would be better to find another book.

One of the things that I really don't like is that from the title to the synopsis, it makes you think that the book is clearly about how to build a coaching culture and it becomes very interesting for those who are looking for information about it; however, they do not specify that it is a research topic developed as a doctoral thesis, so it is not really about that, it deals with the different stages to verify how the selected population is with respect to that, to evaluate the topic according to the approach of the researcher with respect to the current reality and how the situation found can be improved according to the data collected.

The research is suitable for all audiences, although it is especially aimed at companies that want to take their team to the next level and that the values ​​of leadership and teamwork are always present, I also recommend it to those who enjoy research and thesis on this topic, the text is very well presented and there are few errors found.

In conclusion, I can say that for this book the author used a wide variety of resources to collect data from the population studied, in addition to highlighting that in his selection of participants included: diversity of gender, race, creed and origin; in order to reject any type of discrimination and evaluate everyone equally. Therefore, I think this book is worthy of 3 out of 4 stars. It is a very good investigation in which everyone has participation and where the opinions of the participants are included, I would like the author to develop more themes about the issues of social justice and diversity, I like how he covers the themes and is committed to the development of it.

Building A Coaching Culture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I liked reading this research. It is well prepared and has very good bases on which to draw conclusions from the study. Also that it is based on the opinions of managers of large companies.
My attention was drawn to the fact that the author also takes into account the opinion of those interviewed about him to improve the program that he is developing, I thought it was very good. In addition, it can be helpful for personnel management and achievement of expectations.
I would like to continue reading research like this.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: Human Beings First by Paul E. Wolfe

Post by Seetha E »

This book, as you suggest, seems like a good handbook for the human resources team in any office and also for those studying the subject. Thanks for your in-depth analysis of the book.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Hi, Bettny. Thank you for your detailed and comprehensive review of this book. Coaching is a very important part of being a leader if one wants to garner the energy and creative resources of their employees. Coaching is always evolving so that it can continue to be an effective tool. I suppose that is why they were doing this research. Great coaching that values the progress of each individual, as well as the group, is a winning formula. Have a great day. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”