Review of Yesterday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mystery Heaven 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mystery-heaven-1.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of Yesterday

Post by Mystery Heaven 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you reincarnated? Not just reincarnate but know you reincarnated. That was the case for amanda.

She had given up on the word 'love'. She felt like death sentence for those she ever got attached to, they always die why?. The most logical decision was to stop getting attached, she did choose that choice but the same day she paid her therapist off was the same day she met him again. Again? Why again? She never knew him before? Why did she feel like she knew him?.

Yesterday by Samyann is a 404 pages half historican romance fiction. yesterday's tendency to draw one into its own world of grief, doubt , love, fear, and suspense is thrilling. Amanda had just suffered the Loss of her fiance, had gone through the five stages of grief and had finally landed in her own newly invented sixth stage 'resignation '. Amanda had just decided to stop getting attached to people but she had unexpectedly saved a cop whom she did not know but felt immensely drawn to. Why did she feel the need to save him?. Mark whom she saved had also felt the same thing. They never met but they were so sure they knew each other. How?. What supposed to have been a normal encounter ended up as an opening to a huge box of mystery. The whole mystery started to unravel after Amanda bought the grandfather clock.

Before reading Yesterday I wondered why the book was tittled Yesterday, after reading this book I am certain it's a befitting tittle for it. It seems normal but portrays a very deep meaning. It basically explains the whole Book in one word. The story presented the possibility of reincarnation in a well organized format, this shows the amount of research and thoughts that had been put into this book.

The well thought out plot of the story made it hard for me to predict what was going to happen. The unexpected linking of all the mysteries surrounding the lives of the main characters to an object that could be deemed as insignificant at first added to the whole mystifying vibes which is very interesting. Every description of the characters or happenings in this book was on point; most especially the historical feeling the description of amanda regressions about her past life in the mid 19 century created. I was able to create vivid images in my head, felt like a movie in words.

Though this book is really satisfying; the conclusion ticked me off a little, some questions were left unanswered. This is one of the best book I've read so far and I give it a four out of four stars because it has no typo errors and is really engaging.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”