Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
patelK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patelk.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by patelK »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon wrote The Biblical Clock as a non-fiction work. It's an excellent book with persuasive arguments for the premise that the Bible's timetable corresponds to current scientific studies on Earth's age. This book also includes some related photographs and tables that make it easier to read. The book is divided into two parts. The first is about the millennia of questions and examinations that experts have about the beginnings of the universe. Friedmann frequently adds personal tales, such as family conversations. The Biblical Clock is a work of nonfiction. Despite the fact that it refers to the past discoveries, the chapters are a work of fiction.

Those who engage with this book with an objective mind will find it fascinating. Otherwise, the widespread assumption that faith and science are mutually exclusive would destroy this teaching endeavor. Friedmann writes in a communicative way that makes the book easy to understand regardless of the book's complex subject. His method makes it seem as if a spiritual synthesis is possible. It also demonstrates how philosophical and practical writings may complement each other.

The author's work impressed me the most because of its efficiency. He not only includes maps, and images of many sources, but as well as a comprehensive definition at the climax of the novel. I particularly like the maps that come with the book. It gives me a sense of vitality. And I believe that maps interest every reader. The book is both fascinating and well-researched. And the material is presented in an easily understandable manner, which I will never forget. I couldn't put the book down since each page took me on a trip of discovering secrets that revealed how religion and science aren't as dissimilar as most of us believe. The concept of God's days during creation and how each day of development depicts one of the millennia since creation were two ideas that I found extremely intriguing.

The text is free of grammatical errors. The only flaw I saw was a difference in word spacing that was easy to overlook. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and discovered nothing else to criticize. The book looks at the literature of sacred texts as well as their interpretations of the literature. Despite the fact that it was written from a Jewish standpoint, the Christians obtained new insights and meaning from not just the Old Testament (Prophets, Torah, etc.) but also the New Testament.

This is an excellent book that everyone who likes to learn about science and the Bible should read. Those intrigued by Jewish perspectives on the Bible's genesis and chronology will enjoy this book. Reading it was encouraging. Aside from the massive amount of material, it was presented well. In a nutshell, I rate this book four out of four. Aside from that, the book is extraordinarily well edited.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”