Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Kings1999 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is not your regular kind of sci-fi book. It has an interesting concept that will surely interest a wide variety of readers. I implore anyone reading this to quickly get a copy of this book because it is a must read.

The author had previously thought about the universe and how it came to be. There's a general idea or opinion on how the Universe came to be, but what happened before the point of creation or emergence of the Universe? For this purpose, this story uses illustrations and instances to express the creation of a universe. A person walks into a room to give a presentation to a crowd that is bewildered. The crowd is engaged in discussions concerning the person's presentation and the fruition of it. There is also doubt among some. The presentation begins and the crowd is wowed; he uses what he calls "Zots" and "Xoodles" to make several changes in structure and form. 

I love the idea the author had about the universe and the details concerning its creation. The idea is so original and makes the book fascinating. The scientific standpoint is also original, informative, and enthralling. The book wasted no time in delving into the main subject matter. There's a brief moment of suspense at the beginning of the book, and the reader is left wondering what Theodil is about to do. Theodil then brings out the dice and starts to make his expressions. I must say that I'm very impressed with how the author expresses his ideas. To be honest, I wasn't expecting things that were relatable to actual scientific concepts, so I was amazed when I began reading the book.

What I really disliked about this book was the context it was written in. I could barely make sense of what the book was about for the first few days. I think that in trying to be more creative, the author made the book hard to interpret and understand. This put a major dent in the way I revered the book and what the author was trying to portray. There were several sentences in the book that made no sense to me, and the ones that did took me forever to piece together. Regardless, I loved what the author was trying to achieve, and I came to love the book even if it took me forever to understand it. 

At first, I felt that the book contained several errors, but when I came to understand the book, I knew all the words used in the book were used in a literary context. The book was exceptionally and professionally edited. There were no errors in it. I'm giving this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars due to the complexity of the plot and the difficulty of understanding it. I recommend it to people who love science fiction and astrophysical books. 

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I'm happy that you eventually came to appreciate the book when you understood it. Such was the complexity of the topic discussed—I think the author was to brilliant for being able to find the words to describe such scenarios. Thanks for this review.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

The writing style of this book wasn't simple. But, the story behind it was interesting. Your review was good.
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

This book seem to have a unique concept. How the universe came about is always a topic that is hard to discuss and has many different viewpoints. Thanks for the detailed review
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I like reading stories about creation but I'm hesitant to read this because it's quite complex. Thanks for the detailed summary.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

If the book was difficult for you to penetrate and understand, then I don't think I should go for it. I like to enjoy my reading. Thank you for your honest revi.
Kendrixxavier18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendrixxavier18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kendrixxavier18 »

I have also read other reviews on this book. It is interesting to read another person's opinion on this book. Thanks for an honest review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”