Review of The Maestro Monologue

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Ruth Frances A »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Maestro Monologue by Rob White is like a raging storm in my mind. Unexpectedly, I realize that sometimes, when people see greatness, they try to squash it. Could it be me, though? What thoughts and perceptions have I? Do I have a double sense? Or am I mentally ill? Are we born free and can choose how to live? As I read this book, enlightenment dawned. Fasten your seat belt as this is mind-jolting!

This book is a riveting awakening to a new idea of an intruder in our consciousness. The intruder prowls like a thief who stealthily sneaks in and tries to snatch our destiny. According to Rob, we are all born unique and special. We are the maestro who is our original authentic self or being. The maestro has a strong rival referred to as the intruder. Both exist in our minds and compete for control. The intruder is held accountable for negativity, misunderstandings, myths, low self-esteem, and failure. Can we discern our full potential? We get inducted into the self-discovery of our greatness. Can we defeat the intruder and claim our true selves, new possibilities, and growth?

This epic book has four parts. In part one, we ask, “How do you know that you know what you don't know about yourself? Simply put, take charge of your life. Decide how it unravels. We achieve the ultimate understanding with the critical addendum. It is at this point you create a to-be list. In part two, we meet the intruder, our supposed other self. We also discover the influencer and how to intervene. Where and how does one positively reframe their life story? When is the right time? Read and find out. The third part is about the maestro’s monologue. We meet the dynamic trio. The rebel, recognizer, and revealer. Can you come into your own? Is there a way to recognize yourself as the powerful I am? Finally, you reveal your true self after peeling off the fake layers and misconceptions encompassing negatives and woes. Part four is referred to as thy Kingdom come. You have attained what you seek. The one who dropped the wrong conclusions about oneself is no longer a victim but an achiever, the maestro.

The title calls one out. The maestro is the “I am” being and skilled in orchestrating visions and dreams. The monologue is self-talk in our minds. We get inclined towards understanding that we are geniuses and have the capacity that enables us to direct our lives and surmount obstacles.

Rob powerfully guides the process with a friendly and conciliatory tone. There are occasional repetitions for emphasis. He uses similes, poetry, and anecdotes. He provides a map with ingredients for self-improvement and a seven-day challenge. His parables are spot on, and he cites several quotations, including from the sublime Bible. In one, Socrates advises us to know ourselves. Rob brings to mind the five “Ws” and one “H.” These are what, why, who, when, where, and how?

Reading on, I felt anguish and regret. It struck me that l could have circumvented some mistakes I made. We control our will and what we want to show the world. This phenomenal book is a must-read! It is effortlessly practical and simplified. Occasionally, the author encourages one to reflect on what has transpired so far. There are exercises to accomplish and a step-by-step discourse. Rob shares his life story, which itself is a great motivation. I had to abandon my comfort zone. I dare say he has a great way with words. I envisioned a new life of hope, contributions, and prosperity. I was in awe and felt a power surge! (WOW)

I found nothing wrong with the book. It is exceptionally well-edited since I found no errors. I love it and feel grateful that I read it. The one problem I considered was having to consult it frequently. Regardless, that is part of its uniqueness. It is not a time-bound intervention. Besides, the environmental and external factors like intelligence, emotions, and one's background are in perspective. Included is some analytical psychology. I, therefore, rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to all and sundry, except for children. Its impact will be for a long time.

The Maestro Monologue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This is such an interesting review. I enjoyed reading it. Books that encourage are worth reading.
Poetic Justice
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book states that we need to take charge in our lives. Thank you for pointing this out in a very good review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I believe that the book is a really powerful read. The concept of maestro withing us is very intriguing! I am glad that you liked it so much :) Thank you very much for this outstanding review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amy Luman »

I have always been taught that whatever happens to me is a result of what I do or don’t do, either good or bad! I feel it’s unnecessary to have a book tell me what I already know. I’m sure it’s helpful for some, though.
Ruth Frances A

Post by Ruth Frances A »

Amy Luman wrote: 30 May 2022, 11:56 I have always been taught that whatever happens to me is a result of what I do or don’t do, either good or bad! I feel it’s unnecessary to have a book tell me what I already know. I’m sure it’s helpful for some, though.
Maybe so, because that is what most are taught. It is a matter of conscience so to speak. I believe you but this book is not just that. It is so much more. It is motivational and educational too. It is not spiritual and it stresses free will. I believe that the acquisition of knowledge and information is very important and always. It never expires. It is not bad to learn more. In the beginning, I thought so too until I read and understood. I am a very strong-willed person and set in my ways (I have been told severally) but the book made me pause and think. We must look at the depth and not the surface of things and ideas, that's my belief. The No and WOE gauges in the book demonstrate these. Besides, people have different thoughts, and l respect that. Thank you very much for your comments. One must continue to explore more and I will too.
Ruth Frances A

Post by Ruth Frances A »

markodim721 wrote: 24 May 2022, 06:56 I like that the book states that we need to take charge of our lives. Thank you for pointing this out in a very good review.
Thank you for sharing. When I read the book, I discovered something that puzzled me greatly. I was not completely in charge of my life. I began to see the subtle signs. Discarding an essentially good idea and believing that I couldn’t succeed or proceed. Bending over backward to comply and please others. Two minds, one that says yes and another no. I discovered these were the intruders. We sometimes love to procrastinate and forget that time does not wait. Maybe some people can relate to this in a way too.
Abu_Aisha1
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I have read this book and honestly, this is one of the best self-help I read in recent times. Very comprehensive and practical. I enjoyed reading your review. Nice review!
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I have read this book and I love the idea the author passed about the Maestro. Great review.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

My favourite book. I always go back to this book to steal a glance at my leisure hours. I wish it gets to more people. The book is filled with wisdom and I keep asking myself what inspired Rob White to write the book. I enjoyed reading your review.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

Great review. The book was very affirmative. I love how it focuses on one self without turning it to other people.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Wow, this review is so captivating and informative, I will like to read the book. Great review.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

Wow! What a wonderful review. I will definitely check the book out.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”