Review of The Decision

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of The Decision

Post by Amy Luman »

Humera955 wrote: 21 May 2022, 22:37 I have always loved science fiction that contains 👽 aliens.
Thanks for this amazing reveiw 💙
Thanks for commenting! Maybe we’re the aliens? :shock:
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

OTrain M wrote: 22 May 2022, 17:20 Ha-ha! I relate too. I hate how everything is happening in the United States. Even in their films, the US is the one that comes up to save the day. If you ask me, I think this is a propaganda, a soft version of it. Your review was fun to read. Thank you for sharing.
I live in the US and we do some really great tings, but we are not the only country. :)
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I loved reading your review, and I really appreciate your honesty. I'm a big fan sci-fi, so I will check this book out. Thanks again!
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I do agree that the exclusion of other groups is a negative, but its widespread just makes it an unavoidable fact, as most movies regard the US as the center of the world. This fact makes me just ignore that everything occurs in the US, and so forget that it is a negative. The brutality is something I enjoy! :lol2: I appreciate your review and views regarding this book, and I know I will read it promptly. Thank you for the review!
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Nazzo wrote: 23 May 2022, 14:55 I loved reading your review, and I really appreciate your honesty. I'm a big fan sci-fi, so I will check this book out. Thanks again!
Thanks for commenting! :D
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

thuriya albayaa wrote: 24 May 2022, 09:50 I do agree that the exclusion of other groups is a negative, but its widespread just makes it an unavoidable fact, as most movies regard the US as the center of the world. This fact makes me just ignore that everything occurs in the US, and so forget that it is a negative. The brutality is something I enjoy! :lol2: I appreciate your review and views regarding this book, and I know I will read it promptly. Thank you for the review!
I don’t have to like it, though. :cry:
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

I didn't have any problem with the focus on the United States. There was a diverse enough collection of characters to make up for it. Stellar review nonetheless.
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

Amy Luman wrote: 24 May 2022, 10:41
thuriya albayaa wrote: 24 May 2022, 09:50 I do agree that the exclusion of other groups is a negative, but its widespread just makes it an unavoidable fact, as most movies regard the US as the center of the world. This fact makes me just ignore that everything occurs in the US, and so forget that it is a negative. The brutality is something I enjoy! :lol2: I appreciate your review and views regarding this book, and I know I will read it promptly. Thank you for the review!
I don’t have to like it, though. :cry:
Certainly! I actually prefer we finally speak up on the matter of the US so it can someday be ancient history. I truly appreciate you elaborating on that and mentioning it in your review. :D
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

My knowledge of aliens was initially from watching sci-fi movies, before gradually listening to my friends chat about them. I believe its time I experienced the thrill for myself, especially after reding this book. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

REIGNING20 wrote: 26 May 2022, 11:33 My knowledge of aliens was initially from watching sci-fi movies, before gradually listening to my friends chat about them. I believe its time I experienced the thrill for myself, especially after reding this book. Thanks for the review.
They may be like this, who knows? :shock:
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

You are right! Movies always represent an ‘end of the world’ attack only in the United States. Doesn’t sound very inclusive to me😂😂. However, I like that the author very descriptive as this aids reading and visualization. I enjoyed reading this review. Great job!
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I actually think you're right about the star deduction. The world is bigger and more complex than what Americans seem to always portray. Maybe two stars were too much, though ahahah
I will give this book a chance, anyway, since the plot is quite captivating. Thanks!
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Chinyere Nwankwo wrote: 27 May 2022, 02:50 You are right! Movies always represent an ‘end of the world’ attack only in the United States. Doesn’t sound very inclusive to me😂😂. However, I like that the author very descriptive as this aids reading and visualization. I enjoyed reading this review. Great job!
I live in America and am very proud of lots of the things we do. This is just not one of them! :cry:
Usama Kaleem
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Usama Kaleem »

This review is so well-written I wish I can get my hands on this book already. Suspense and political drama is my fave. I believe I would enjoy this book because of that. Thanks for sharing your views with us.
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

marba wrote: 27 May 2022, 02:59 I actually think you're right about the star deduction. The world is bigger and more complex than what Americans seem to always portray. Maybe two stars were too much, though ahahah
I will give this book a chance, anyway, since the plot is quite captivating. Thanks!
America is my home and I think we do many things well. This, however, is not one of them. Please do read it, though. The rest is very good. :oops:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”