Review of Apotheosis Now

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Mecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-mecha.html
Latest Review: Apotheosis Now by Yanhao Huang

Review of Apotheosis Now

Post by Alex Mecha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Apotheosis Now" by Yanhao Huang.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yanhao Huang is answering the complex questions of the self. He brings into context the crucial but ignored aspects of the self. Huang exposes myths hidden in beliefs of happiness being in later achievement. As he does this, he tries to shutter the existing belief one has built about themselves, to reveal more intelligence that is within. It eventually flourishes and starts to take control over one's life. This he calls ego; it begins by exerting influence on the personality at an early age and flourishes in teenage hood. The ego codes the individuals and leads them to pursue some weird goals. Huang insists on living in the present other than clinging to the past that hurts and relying on an uncertain future. He further gives supplementary notes on the working of the unconscious self that is utterly assumed for conscious

The book Apotheosis is a professionally written nonfiction book as it has clear statements from the well-constructed statements. Secondly, the book has easy-to-understand language to explain an otherwise complicated subject matter. It is incorporated with philosophical texts from renowned people like Mahat Maghadhi and Sadguru. This makes the book more interesting and resourceful. The writer is keen and skillful in research as he brings out the various topics in the book; the ego mechanism, the conflicted mind among others.

Furthermore, the book provides an awakening call to self-awareness, thus enhancing both critical and creative thinking in answering a question at the beginning of the book on the choice between happiness and success. I had to highlight some parts of the book to personally work for me and I now have a different perception of 'myself'.

I would highly recommend the book to teenagers. At this stage in life, most youth struggle with self-awareness, therefore, experimenting with literally everything which from the understanding of the book is a result of the fully manifested ego mechanism. These very people end up seeking some exaggerated satisfaction. This book will be of help to young people who wish to be out of the ordinary bracket. People in this age bracket are perceptible to make life-threatening mistakes.
In conclusion, I liked the book because of various reasons. First and foremost the book provides a message to inspire; it contains wise sayings of people from different professions in different times of history. Secondly, the book has attained exceptional editing as it contains minor mistakes. I, therefore, rate the book four out of four stars.

Apotheosis Now
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”