Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by T T 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lori Schneider, MD's A Brighter Tomorrow is a compilation of brief poems written by the poet throughout the epidemic. In times of uncertainty, the poet went to pen and paper to write about her experiences in many aspects of her life. It contains pieces of her life and her ways of getting along with the new life. She has contributed around 40 short poems divided into diverse subjects and accompanied by stunning images created by Dr. Mark Salevit.

Pandemic was a period of difficulty, when everyone was attempting to figure out their future life, trying to figure out what it meant to be alive. Many people engaged in hobbies during the lockdown to cope with the loneliness and sense of being trapped. So did the poet, who poured her sentiments into poetry in the hopes of providing others comfort and inspiration during these difficult times. These poems cover a wide range of topics, from finding the courage to combating the virus to finding hope for a better tomorrow. Every poem has a tale by Lori Schneider that is highly relatable in this day and age. Each part is complemented by wonderful quotations that provide depth to the subject. Not to mention Dr. Mark Salevit's unique artwork, which supports the poetry and its significance elegantly.

The writing style is straightforward but inventive. Lori did an excellent job of communicating her ideas in a basic yet effective manner. The poems made an impression on me because of their simplicity. The element that stuck out to me was its relevancy and relatability to the period we live in. It was an easy read with no grammatical errors. I can remark that the book has been well edited and presented in an easy-to-follow format.

There are no flaws in the book that I can think of. This poetry book is by far the best I've read thus far. Poems can be hard to understand at times, however, I can tell any non-poetic individuals that this will shift their outlook on poems. Every poetry told a story, almost like a fictional tale.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book. I'll give it 4 out of 4 stars. The book is recommended to both poetry enthusiasts and to those who are not particularly fond of poetry. I am convinced that this work will resonate with readers. Enjoy these lovely elements of life that convey a message of longevity.

A Brighter Tomorrow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Ibunyi »

I liked that the author's intentions were to keep people focused during the pandemic period. For somebody who enjoys reading poems, this book will help me a lot.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Post by T T 2 »

It definitely has a positive message to it and you will surely enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”