Review of Building A Coaching Culture

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amiczy Magnus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-magnus.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Building A Coaching Culture

Post by Amiczy Magnus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Building A Coaching Culture" by Andreas Von Der Heydt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt is an interesting book about coaching in business. The book is divided into four parts and is based on research carried out by the author. The first part is an introduction to the research; the second part shows the results of the research; the third part is a literature review; the last part is the context analysis. The author shared detailed information on the importance of coaching in a business organization, like where coaching should take place, who should be the coach, and who should be coached. With important coaching principles explained in this book, join the author as he takes us through the act of coaching in business.

There were lots of things I found interesting in this book. The book was well researched and well written. The book contained a lot of references, which was proof of the time the author put into research. The language used was simple and easy to understand. The authors made very clear and important points throughout the book. I wouldn’t say that reading this book was a waste of my time because I learned a lot.

There weren’t many things I did not quite like about the book. I thought there was a lot of repetition of ideas. I also thought the book lacked important illustrations. There was just one illustration throughout the book, and in business-related discussions, the use of illustrations better simplifies ideas. That aside, I cannot say that it was not a great book because, as stated earlier, the author used simple language and the points were clear.

My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. I gave a perfect rating for this book because I didn’t have any trouble reading it and it was very insightful. This book was well edited as I did not find a lot of errors. The few errors I found did not affect my reading. The author put a lot of work into researching and writing this book, and it came out well written and met its purpose, so it deserves a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to owners of large and small business organizations. Also, people who want to start up businesses will benefit greatly from this book. The book is very insightful and contains a lot of important information that I think will also benefit employees working in any organization, not just business owners.

Building A Coaching Culture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”