Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious_pearl75
Currently Reading: Ever before me
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-pearl75.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 15%

Review of Always Before Me

Post by Precious_pearl75 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Always Before Me by John Servant is a non-fiction Christian Catholic book. That shows the lives of two different noble Catholic priests, the challenges each of them faced, and their various attitudes towards these problems of life. The writer took his time narrating the lives of these men, breaking down everything they went through in their lifetimes.

The first person we saw was Father Paul, a noble and honest priest who was very dedicated to God's work and his calling. But after Blood's visit, things in his life took a different turn, and he was condemned to 20 years of imprisonment. There he went through a lot of trials and temptations, but he took it as his suffering as God's plan for him, looking up to Christ's suffering as a source of strength and example to carry on his cross. His love for souls and his desire to convert everyone around him to Christ ultimately cost him his life.We also saw Father Anthony, who was accused of sexual assault by one of his students, which resulted in the loss of his job. He later got work in prison as a priest. There he met Father Paul. The life of Father Paul had a great impact on his life. After the death of Father Paul, he tried to continue from where Father Paul had stopped in the prison, but it wasn't easy for him. So he did the best he could and was able to bring Matt back to Christ before his death.

This book is well written and is not only meant for Catholic Christians alone, despite the usage of Catholic doctrine. Every other Christian can also read it because it teaches us the right attitude to put on in times of trial and suffering. It also teaches complete surrender to God and his will, as well as unwavering faith in God during times of trial and suffering, knowing that he who has called us is capable of delivering us from whatever befalls us. I like how the author, John Servant, supported some of his points with scripture, demonstrating that these are God's word/promises, taken directly from the Bible. Another thing I like about this book is the fact that it was clearly written from a Christian worldview, adhering to Biblical principles and concisely written with a page count of 83.

Although there were empty pages left at the beginning and end of the book, which really doesn't mean anything. I can say that there was nothing I disliked about the book, but those who are not Catholics can be put off by its doctrines.

I rate the book at 4 out of 4 star.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Immaculate K 6
Currently Reading: Two Faces of Janus
Bookshelf Size: 10
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Immaculate K 6 »

I think this book will help strengthen my catholic faith and to trust in God more as a Christian and to overcome very suffering knowing well that GOD is capable of delivering me. I want to give this book try. That was a great review.
Thanks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”